Structural Engineer - Water/Wastewater
Posted on: March 20, 2023
The Civil/Structural Engineer III will perform structural
engineering design associated with components, structures and
appurtenances primarily used in waste water treatment plant
projects from the conceptual phase through design completion and/or
- Prepare engineering sketches, perform engineering calculations
and develop analysis models for moderately complex project
- Perform analysis and design calculations for a variety of
materials and conditions including concrete, steel, masonry, and
- Prepare, review and/or approve vendor drawings for compliance
with project specifications.
- Prepare basic to advanced level specifications for project
assignments detailing client performance requirements, specific
component needs, design requirements, applicable design codes, and
vendor drawing requirements.
- Apply expert knowledge of commonly used structural concepts,
practices, codes and procedures within the structural engineering
- Coordinate with field personnel to resolve design related
installation issues, calculations, field inspections and testing of
- Manage workload, budgets and project resources, requesting
assistance as necessary.
- Simultaneously perform design work for multiple projects and
- Mentor and guide less experienced engineers. Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Bachelor's Degree from ABET Accredited Institution
- PE license preferred.
- Minimum of 4+ years' of relevant experience preferred,
Water/Wastewater experience a plus.
- STADD, SACS, MAT 3D, Foundation software experience
- Working knowledge of the design of steel and concrete
- Working knowledge of structural design codes and standards
(AISC, ACI, ASCE, IBC, etc.) required.
- In-depth understanding of the concepts of structural
engineering design and evaluation. Quiddity is an award-winning,
full-service civil engineering, planning, surveying, and consulting
firm. With more than 550 employees in 11 offices across Texas, our
organization has 11 service groups that support nearly 20 public
and private markets. Remaining true to our mission has helped us be
consistently voted a Best Place to Work by local and regional
publications and an Engineering News-Record Top 500 National Firm.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected
veteran status, or any other legally protected basis under
applicable law. NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Quiddity does not
accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring
managers, are deemed to be the property of Quiddity. Without a
signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Quiddity will not consider or
agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
Suppose a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without
a previously signed agreement. In that case, Quiddity explicitly
reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without
any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Keywords: Quiddity, Houston , Structural Engineer - Water/Wastewater, Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...