Project Engineer- Water/ Wastewater
Posted on: May 27, 2023
- Works under a Project Manager for large projects, leading a
sub-group of the design or completely responsible for a portion of
the overall project.
- Lead the technical design of treatment plants, pump stations,
lift stations, odor control systems, water wells, and other water
and wastewater facilities through the development of calculations,
technical specifications, drawings, and contract documents
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of engineering designs,
prepares design calculations and specifications, studies, and
construction contract documents. Ensures deliverables are accurate
and aligned to project purpose, and need. Prepares a range of
reports related to project work and communicates progress and
issues to clients and stakeholders.
- Ensures project standards and practices are applied.
- Independently coordinates the work of engineers, designers, CAD
staff and sub-consultants throughout the project's execution
- Creation of detailed engineering project schedules using
Microsoft PROJECT, defining critical paths, and tracking
- Strong cost estimating knowledge and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory rules and standards (Texas and
local jurisdictional agencies), and approval procedures
- Thorough knowledge of water/wastewater treatment processes and
equipment is required to perform facility condition assessments,
troubleshoot and resolves treatment process operational problems,
and develop capital improvement plans
- Working with the construction group, creates construction site
observation schedule, reviews reports and conducts construction
site visits. Collaboratively addresses design issues arising during
- Maintain regular and constructive communication with managers,
clients, internal District Engineers, and project team
- Communicates with regulatory agencies and may be their assigned
point of contact.
- For projects of limited scope and size, responsible for the
planning and delivery, managing all aspects of the project from
start to finish, performs technical design calculations, prepares
all contract documents to meet quality standards, required
specifications and project parameters including schedule and
- Assists with business development by cultivating and
maintaining excellent client relationships, helping with proposals,
SOQs, and presentations Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or a related engineering
or science field
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the state of Texas, (ability
to obtain a TX license within 4 months may be considered)
- Minimum of 6 years of progressive experience in the area of
municipal water and/or wastewater facilities treatment plant
- Proficient in AUTOCAD, Microsoft EXCEL, WORD, POWERPOINT, and
Keywords: Quiddity, Houston , Project Engineer- Water/ Wastewater, Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...