GUL Lv II Technician - Remote
Posted on: May 28, 2023
- The main function of the Level II Advanced Technician is to be
responsible for the completion of all assigned advanced field
inspections, including but not limited to data collection, field
execution, interpretation, reporting, and completion all customer
and JANX required field documentation. Level II Advanced
Technicians are thoroughly familiar with the scope and methods of
NDT being used along with advanced NDT methods, techniques and
tools and are responsible for on-the-job training and guidance of
Level I Technicians and Trainees. Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform complete NDT field inspections based on customer
requirements and procedures, JANX field procedures, focusing on
quality, and safety.
- Perform advanced NDT field inspections such as Pipeline
Integrity, Automated UT, Guided Wave Testing, Laser Scanning,
Corrosion Mapping and / or UT Shearwave based on customer
requirements and procedures, JANX field procedures and being able
to fully operate and interpret results based on advanced NDT
- Ensure all equipment is set up, calibrated, and functional at
all times in line with JANX and customer procedures.
- Operate advanced NDT equipment including calibration, field
execution and basic troubleshooting to be able ensure compliance
and quality at all times while performing work.
- Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable
specifications, both conventional and advanced NDT.
- Provide direction and guidance and ensure compliance with the
codes, standards, and other documents that control the method as
utilized by the customer and JANX, both conventional and advanced
- Ensure the set-up boundaries and surveillance of work area, if
required, and prevent unauthorized personnel from entering work
area; ensure compliance with Radiation Safety Policy and Procedures
at all times, if applicable.
- Prepare, set-up, and complete all necessary paperwork as
required by client and company requirements; responsible for
ensuring all paperwork is turned in timely, this includes but is
not limited to safety forms, company required forms, customer
forms, reports, and timesheets.
- Direct, mentor, and train Level I Technicians and Trainees in
the method(s) in which certified and capable of.
- Follow and enforce the Company required safe work practices and
procedures at all times.
- Follow and enforce Company policies at all times.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, professionalism,
and promote a positive customer service attitude internally and
- Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and
personal safety using required Personal Protective Equipment and
Safe Practices per company policy
- Perform all other duties as assigned.Supervisory
- Maintain staff by orienting and training employees.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and legal work environment for all
staff ensuring all company policies are being followed.
- Review, validate, and approve reporting employees' timesheet
- Train, mentor and guide technicians in correct operational
activities including NDT, safety, radiation safety, and quality
requirements and processes. Education and Work Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years of experience in NDT industry is required
- GUL experience and certifications.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United
States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at
the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this
position.Certificates and Licenses Required
- GUL Level II with XB endorsement.
- Must meet minimum company requirements to operate a company
vehicle and be eligible for coverage under Company insurance
Keywords: Careerbuilder-US, Houston , GUL Lv II Technician - Remote, Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...