Company: Powell Industries
Posted on: November 20, 2023
We are currently seeking a motivated individual to be a part of
our growing Powell Automation Division (PAD). This exciting
position allows the ability to not only grow professionally but
also fuel the future presence of PAD in the automation space! As a
member of PAD you will work and collaborate with diverse
professionals to apply innovative and creative solutions to solve
problems for our clients. Key responsibilities include engineering,
testing, maintaining and supporting automation solutions as well as
intelligent products in MV/LV switchgear applications.
AS A PAD AUTOMATION ENGINEER YOU WILL:
- Become proficient in PAD solutions and offerings
- Review and interpret client specifications to produce project
Functional Design, drawings and test documentation in accordance
with the project requirements and Powell standard procedures.
- Develop relay configuration files using various manufactures
such as SEL, GE, Siemens and Beckwith.
- Design and configure SCADA systems using WonderWare InTouch,
Allen Bradley Factory Talk, Copa-Data Zenon, Siemens WinCC, and/or
SEL RTAC HMI
- Use common industrial communication protocols such as Modbus
TCP/IP, IEC61850, and DNP 3.0.
- Develop PLC based electrical system monitoring and controls
- Participate in and develop documentation for factory and
on-site acceptance testing (FAT and SAT respectively), as well as
perform start-up and commissioning activities as required
- Ensure that the company's Health, Safety & Environmental
policies and procedures are constantly adhered to all aspects of
- Provide technical guidance to internal and external
stakeholders, including after sales support.
- BSEE or equivalent from an accredited institution
- General knowledge of at least one of the following:
- Automation and Control systems
- Power Systems
- Protective Relaying
- Previous experience in automation, PLC control systems, or
protective relaying a plus
- Customer service oriented
- Able to work effectively in a team setting or independently,
able to adapt to change, self-motivated, innovative, and willing to
make a difference
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in producing technical documentation and technical
- Strong analytical and trouble shooting skills
Working & Environmental Conditions
- Travel is required for this position. The amount of travel is
estimated to be 25% of the time to customer sites.
- The customer sites can be refineries, utility substation yards
or even offshore platforms.
- The position will contain working in an office environment as
well has performing testing on the manufacturing floor with the
Posted position does offer relocation or relocation assistance
within the continental US.
Posted position does offer visa sponsorship for candidates located
within a reasonable area of the location of the position.
In our 70+ year history, Powell has always known that our employees
are at the heart of our success. Without question, we have the most
talented people in all parts of our organization. As a
manufacturer, we recruit and hire experienced and knowledgeable
applicants to ensure our product is engineered, fabricated and
assembled to customer specifications!
Powered by Innovation - Powell's culture has and will always be
founded in our "can do" attitude. If we can imagine it, we can do
it. Become a part of our story, and let us help you write yours.
Hard work pays off in all of our teams, with opportunity for
advancement and promotion without sacrificing work-life balance.
Successful candidates must have a legal authorization to work in
the United States on a full-time basis, with only those candidates
selected for interview contacted.
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
If you need an accommodation in the hiring process, you may contact
. Application status inquiries will not be accepted in this
Keywords: Powell Industries, Houston , Automation Engineer, Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!