A&P Mechanic - Airframe (Embraer)
Company: StandardAero Careers
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Field Service Rep
This position is responsible for the advanced technical
troubleshooting, LRU replacements, engine records, and I-Level
repair of engines at test cell.
(Not listed in order of importance. Other duties may be
- Provide technical support to shop and test cell personnel
concerning J85 engines.
- Perform engine troubleshooting in a test cell environment and
develop problem resolutions
- Coordinate with Test Cell Operations, Performance Engineering,
Service Engineering, Supply and Logistics to ensure all repairs are
completed in a timely manner
- Troubleshoots, adjusts or replace components on engines and
accessories during testing process. Liaisons with engineers,
mechanics and inspectors on test performance.
- Ensure all post repair and test paperwork is completed and
- Prepping engines for test, testing and de-prepping engines
- Trains to become a certified test cell operator.
Responsibilities include performing certification testing IAW O/H
manual. Troubleshooting engine failures, replacing failed
components, and completion of test documentation
- Working as a motivated member of a specialized team to operate
the test cell and the engine under test in accordance with the test
instructions or tech orders.
- Willingness to learn new tasks and cross train on multiple
engine lines and other complementary skills and seeks endorsements
for those skills as needed to support production requirements
- Participates in the cross training of other technicians as
needed to support production requirements.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements
and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Working within quality, environmental and health and safety
management systems to deliver a high quality product in a safe and
environmentally responsible manner.
- Complete daily maintenance inspections of equipment and
facility to ensure operational readiness prior to use
- Working with specialized mechanical, electrical and
instrumentation systems to test gas turbine engines.
- Performing and supporting troubleshooting, preventative and
corrective maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
- Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple
skills endorsements as needed to support production
- Carries out other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS, SPECIFIC
SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES (INCLUDING LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS):
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally with peers,
- Ability to get along with co-workers and peers.
- Maintenance of regular attendance and punctuality within
- Looking for maintenance professionals who hold an A&P
license with well-developed technical knowledge on any of these
specific models of Turbine Engine. This knowledge should include
troubleshooting at test and removal/installation of LRU:
- J85 - Required,
- T56, AE2100 - Preferred
- F110 - Preferred
- RB211 - Preferred
- College degree OR high school graduate with technical
vocational training and knowledge normally achieved through
graduation from a university, trade school or military aircraft
maintenance program, or an equivalent apprenticeship program.
- Minimum of 15 years in Aerospace industry.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant test cell experience.
- Must possess effective written and verbal communications
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in the English
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Should be able to demonstrate PC proficiency in MS Word and
Excel as well as learn any corporate or industry software used by
- Self-Motivated Team members must have a positive attitude
toward a changing work environment and are committed to achieving
the success and goals of their team
- Experience with Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul of Gas Turbine
- Good planning, organizational, analytical, interpersonal,
decision making, oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of production management computer systems and
other related internal control systems.
- High level of knowledge on testing and troubleshooting gas
- Knowledgeable in the functional operation of the engines
- Attainment of a Special Process stamp for Test Technician
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately
25% of the average work day.
- Regularly required to sit and stand for prolonged periods.
- Working knowledge of related company instructions and company
- Product knowledge relative to the business unit.
- Experience in a mechanical environment.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
When you work at StandardAero, you're not just an employee, you're
part of a vibrant company of like-minded people, all working
collaboratively towards the same goals. We succeed as a team
because we value the unique contributions and perspectives of all
of our people, fostering a culture of collaboration and excellence.
It's a culture that promotes mutual respect and effective
communications to create an environment of stability, shaping the
organization and forging a successful future. Our goal is to be the
best place to work, giving each and every employee the opportunity
to reach their maximum potential through continuous learning and
advancement opportunities, allowing all team members to exceed
their potential and empower everyone's success.
StandardAero is one of the world's largest independent providers of
services, including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and
overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior
completions and paint applications. The company is a global
enterprise that employs nearly 7,000 employees worldwide with
annual revenues exceeding $4 billion. StandardAero serves a diverse
array of customers in business and general aviation, airline,
military, helicopter, components and energy markets. The company
celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
StandardAero is owned by Carlyle, a global investment firm with
deep industry expertise that deploys private capital across four
business segments: Corporate Private Equity, Real Assets, Global
Credit and Investment Solutions.
Raising the Standard of Excellence since 1911
With over a century of proven excellence, StandardAero has become
an industry leader in MRO services and customized solutions in the
aerospace field. Our shared values and learning-based culture
inspire our team to exceed their potential and power our customers'
missions worldwide. With on-the-job training, advancement
opportunities, and excellent benefits, StandardAero invites you to
experience a fulfilling and meaningful career with us.
Inclusivity Is Our Standard
StandardAero offers equal employment opportunities for all. Our
supportive environment celebrates diversity with no room for
harassment or discrimination of any kind. We invite you to bring
your authentic self to our team and experience our welcoming
Keywords: StandardAero Careers, Houston , A&P Mechanic - Airframe (Embraer), Engineering , Humble, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!