Security Service Technician
Company: Johnson Controls International
Posted on: February 7, 2024
Unleash your potential with the Johnson Controls team!As a
global leader in smart, healthy, and sustainable buildings, our
mission is to reimagine the performance of buildings to serve
people, places, and the planet. -Join our winning team and pave the
way for a bright future. -With our extensive reach across various
industries worldwide, our teams are uniquely positioned to support
and empower you. You will have the opportunity to develop yourself
through meaningful work projects and learning opportunities. We
strive to provide our employees with experience, focused on
supporting their physical, financial, and emotional wellbeing.Join
the Johnson Controls family and thrive in a culture that values
your voice and ideas.Your next incredible opportunity is just a few
clicks away!Here's what we have to offer:
- Competitive pay.
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time -10 days of vacation for
the first year (plus sick time).
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401K, medical,
dental, and vision care - available from day one.
- Extensive product and on-the-job/cross-training opportunities,
supported by our outstanding internal resources.
- Encouraging and collaborative team environment.
- Dedication to safety through our Zero Harm policy.
- Company vehicle, tools, and equipment provided to complete all
- Scheduling and management support.
- JCI Employee discount programs (The Loop by Perk Spot).What You
Will Do - A Johnson Controls Security Technician is a
troubleshooter and service expert possessing knowledge and
experience with intrusion, IP CCTV, access control and fire alarm
systems from multiple manufacturers. - Candidate will possess
strong verbal communication skills as they identify the needs of
the customer and then inform of next steps and processes to repair
system as needed to return full functionality. Candidate will
possess skills and experience to inspect said systems to ensure
proper functionality and provide written or digital reports to
customer and company as needed.How You Will Do It
- Locate and alleviate trouble with damaged equipment or
- Readjust equipment, repair, or replace inoperative equipment
and test for operation.
- Coordinate inspections and/or installations with police, fire
departments, or other appropriate agencies.
- Performs repair and/or inspections of intrusion detection, IP
CCTV, Access Control systems and fire alarms (if applicable).
- Assists fellow service technicians with system repairs and
completes minor repairs including battery replacement.
- Tests operation of system to the customer monitoring center to
properly establish service connectivity.
- Complete all forms accurately and customer paperwork as
required. -What We Look For Required
- Texas State Alarm Installer License
- High level of Troubleshooting on relevant systems.
- 5 years in low-voltage or security industry.
- 5 years in security or fire industry.
- Excellent general knowledge of major security manufacturer
- Bosch/Radionics, Honeywell, FirelIte, Silent Knight, DMP, DSC,
- Valid driver's license with an excellent driving record.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to pass thorough background and identity checks.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Ability to unload ladder from fleet vehicle and climb
- Ability to always operate fleet vehicle in a safe manner.
- Ability to communicate and provide excellent customer
- FAL - Texas state Fire Alarm License.
- Some Manufacturers certifications.Johnson Controls
International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as
a qualified individual with a disability or any other
characteristic protected by law. To view more information about
your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a
candidate, visit . If you are an individual with a disability and
you require an accommodation during the application process, please
Keywords: Johnson Controls International, Houston , Security Service Technician, Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!