Mechanical Engineer II (Military Veterans Wanted!)
Company: C&J Energy
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Position Summary The Mechanical Engineer II participates in: developments of mechanical design and modeling, approves and completes testing of new product designs, conduct reliability assessments, evaluate Engineering Change Notices (ECN's) for existing products, monitor design developments for maintaining quality compliance and assist in engineering, testing, and validation. Partners with senior mechanical engineer and manufacturing to assist in developing test methods, equipment acquisition for new product testing, validations/qualifications, statistical analysis of data for significance, and other documented requirements for quality objectives. Participates in new product development, and establish quality and reliability expectancy of the finished product. Identifies, applies, and updates engineering and technical standards requirements for devices, including standards compliance in product design, manufacture, and labeling. Participates in and reports on corrective actions. Assists audits of finished products, final inspections, returned and serviced products. Key Accountabilities
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet client and C & J requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
- Work with technical writers and documentation group members for ECN, ECR, and documentation for existing and ongoing products.
- Assist drafters/designers in the development of products, using computer-assisted design/drafting equipment and software.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines, tools, and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Establish and coordinate the maintenance and safety procedures, service schedule, and supply of materials required to maintain machines, tools, and equipment in the prescribed condition and work with manufacturing and suppliers to facilitate product manufacture.
- Participate in and lead team efforts to continually improve the product development process.
- Performs related work as required Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good interpersonal skills and communication.
- Demonstrated competence for technologies required to develop required products.
- Experience or knowledge in manufacturing and fabrication methods.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work duties and follow through on action items.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team, and subordinates.
- Knowledge of the services and operating conditions for products in development
- Project management skills to manage small projects and suppliers to deliver on schedule
- Design or hands on experience with mobile oilfield equipment (Frac, Coil or Cement) is a plus Required Experience and Education
- BS in Engineering or related discipline with 3+ years of relevant experience. Or
- 7+ years of relevant experience or Associate Degree with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with PTC or SolidWorks Mechanical programs required; PTC Creo or Wildfire preferred.
- Experience in oilfield equipment design and testing. -- Required Travel:----None--
Number of Openings:----1--
Type of Position:----Salaried------
Position Status:----Full Time--
Additional Available Locations:------ -- EEO is The Law - click here for more information--Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: C&J Energy, Houston , Mechanical Engineer II (Military Veterans Wanted!), Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!