Lead Area Machinery Engineer
Company: Messer Americas
Posted on: August 20, 2019
LEAD AREA MACHINERY ENGINEER
Job Location US-GA-Atlanta - US-TX-Houston
# of Openings
Lead Area Machinery Engineer
We are a technology and applications leader with the industry
knowledge and applications expertise to meet customer needs across
industrial, food, medical, chemical and electronics industries. We
offer over 120 years of proven experience in the safe and reliable
production and delivery of industrial, medical and specialty gases.
We re the talented people you know and trust, now with a new
Formed in 2019 after our business was acquired from Linde AG by
Messer Group and CVC Capital Partners, we draw on a rich heritage
of industrial gases expertise to meet customer needs. We know the
industries we serve inside and out and we know our customers depend
on us for more than just safe and reliable supply.
Today our deep understanding of industry trends and customer
requirements allows us to collaborate intensely with customers to
identify and develop long-term solutions that deliver competitive
advantage. Our in-depth knowledge of customers manufacturing
processes enables turn-key engineering with minimal plant downtime,
and our technology development capabilities are unrivaled
* Support the Head of Supply in achieving key outcomes in safety,
reliability, efficiency, cost and customer service.
* Supports the Regional Reliability and Maintenance team by
establishing a culture of safety in working and in the execution of
all aspects of the team's role requirements.
* Ensures compliance with all safety, health, environmental and
quality standards within the region.
* Provides technical, troubleshooting and maintenance support to
all ASU, CO2, ECOVAR, H2, He and HyCO plants within the region for
all rotating machinery, including large compressors, turbines,
pumps, gearboxes, chillers and associated fixed and auxiliary
* Ensures the reliable and efficient operation of all rotating
machinery within the region
* Assess the technical competency of mechanical contractors and
service providers to ensure proper scope is assigned and the
expected quality is received.
* Identifies, defines, estimates, budgets, develops, plans and
executes rotating machinery turnaround maintenance activities,
improvement and relife projects within the region.
* Provides rotating machinery scope, estimation and execution
support to the Projects Group for large improvement and relife
projects within the region.
* Represent the regions rotating machinery reliability interests in
the proposal and project commercialization process, including scope
and spares input and new plant acceptance.
* Completes regional rotating machinery reviews of major EMOCs for
completeness and consistency with technical standards.
* Leads or supports root cause analysis and ensures timely action
* Supports the effort for continuous improvement through GAP and
Six Sigma programs.
* Working with the Regional Supply Manager, identifies and develops
and delivers technical machinery training for the region.
* Demonstrates HPO continuous improvement by sharing best practices
employed or developed in RBU NA and adopt best practices identified
by global peers.
* Ensures that applicable material procurement and control
processes are consistent with Messer NA standards for corporate
* Excellent leadership skills
* Attention to detail
* Possesses strong communications skills at all levels
* Strong drive to follow through to completion on projects and
* Demonstrated ability to work cohesively in a team environment or
independently as required
* Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo and improve
* Knowledgeable in plant operations. Can effectively identify and
evaluate technical and business process opportunities and translate
to financial terms to support investment and business case
* Continuous improvement drive and ability to implement change in a
geographically diverse organization. Relentless drive to challenge
the status quo.
* Management by influence experience delivering results in a highly
matrixed organization and the ability to influence others to
* Self starter with the ability to manage multiple activities and
achieve results with minimal supervision
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Proven experience in the installation, maintenance and
troubleshooting of rotating machinery, including large compressors,
turbines, pumps, gearboxes, chillers and associated fixed and
* Proven experience in Root Cause Analysis, Cause and Effect or
* Proven experience and knowledge of predictive maintenance
methodologies and technologies
* Proven understanding of regulatory and industry standards and
* Level II vibration analysis certification preferred
* Air Separation experience and knowledge preferred
* Experience with CMMS systems required, SAP PM preferred
* Demonstrated exceptional operational safety leadership
Bachelor Degree: Engineering required, preferably Mechanical
Minimum 7 years of experience with industrial rotating equipment,
with at least 5 years in an operational and engineering
* Professional qualifications and licensing preferred
* Six Sigma qualification a plus
Join us and you will be part of a company that values and supports
your career. We offer competitive pay and benefits, with set
schedules, steady work and opportunities for ongoing training and
Together we value innovation, efficiency and flexibility. Putting
safety first, working with integrity and respect, we encourage
everyone to find solutions for success. That means for our
customers and for our colleagues. This makes us a great place to
build a career where your skills are valued and developed.
Apply today @ https://uscareers-messer.icims.com
If you need assistance with the application or would like to
request an accommodation, call (877) 243-1030
Messer North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or
disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to
protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer a FriendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
CONNECT WITH US!
Not ready to apply* Connect with us for general consideration.
Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Messer Americas, Houston , Lead Area Machinery Engineer, Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!