Program Manager, Absence Management
Company: Air Liquide USA
Posted on: January 17, 2020
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and
Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately
66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and
patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of
the company's activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide's
ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term
performance and acting responsibly.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and
must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This
position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
Management of all Leave of Absence Programs:
* Serves as the subject matter expert for all leave programs.
* Manages leave and accommodation programs and policies in
accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws
(FMLA, ADA, ADAAA, CA Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.).
* Collaborates with management, Human Resource Business Partners
(HRBPs)/Generalists, Employee Relations and external Legal Counsel
to analyze, evaluate and resolve complex issues regarding leave
claims and accommodation requests.
* Ensures third party vendors provide proper case management.
* Manages all administrative aspects of leave claims including
ensuring leave information is accurate in all systems and pay for
employees is correct.
* Works closely with employees to ensure that all relevant
completed medical documentation is submitted for timely review per
* Maintains appropriate contact with all employees on leave and
coordinates required aspects of return to work.
* Produces and manages reports, metrics and analytics for all leave
cases. Presents status reports as requested.
* Communicates to employees, managers and HRBPs of the leave
request status (approved, denied, or preliminary), length of FMLA
leave available, leave type and benefit coverage during the leave,
and provides regular updates on leave status.
* Follows up with managers and/or HRBPs regarding ability to return
an employee to work (full duty or requested accommodation).
* Manages STD/LTD programs and vendor relationships.
* Understands full cycle leave processes and ability to develop,
implement, and maintain process flows and all supporting
* Stays abreast of leave laws & regulations, Federal & State -
FMLA, DOL, ADA, ect..
* Runs reports in Workday, and TPA systems as needed.
* Processes leave status in Workday for all leave programs.
* Provides data to Workers Compensation Team / DOT regulatory as
* Provide JD's and other information to interested parties as
* Manages Company Recognition, Service Award and Retirement Award
Backup support for benefits program administration needs. For
* Wellness Initiatives
* Ancillary programs (Tuition reimbursement, Adoption assistance,
Discount programs, etc.)
* New employee onboarding
* Road show presentations
* Vendor Management
* Investigate / Respond to escalated issues
* Annual Enrollment support
* Support Data and Reporting needs
* Investigate system / process issues
* Benefit programs with affiliates of Air Liquide
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or
a related field
* 5+ years experience in LOA Administration
* 5+ years experience working in Human Resources in the area of
* Effectively communicate with employees, managers and external
vendors in potentially stressful situations
* Experience in FMLA, ADA, and accommodations
* Experience leading meetings with all levels of employees
* Experience with Google suite of products - Gmail, Sheets, Slides,
Docs a plus
Competency Based Qualifications
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and collaboratively with
others to achieve defined goals
* Strong presentation skills; Experience educating groups
* Ability to take ownership and responsibility
* Ability to understand and respond to inquiries about benefit and
* Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires
* Understanding of basic HR concepts
* Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
* Demonstrated problem solving skills
* Dependable, motivated and self-disciplined
* Exemplary organizational, project and time management skills
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet quality and timeline
* Adaptable to change
* Detail oriented and thorough
* Strong conflict resolution skills
* Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
* Experience with Workday
* Experience with MetLife as a TPA
* Experience in Workers Compensation
* Knowledge of California state leave and accommodation laws
Keywords: Air Liquide USA, Houston , Program Manager, Absence Management, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!