RN / Nurse Manager / Texas / Permanent / Manager (RN) CVIMU Job
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your currentrole?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's
largestprovider of healthcare services. HCA is dedicatedto the
growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the
toolsand resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are
currently lookingfor an ambitious Nurse Manager for the CVIMU to
help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here! At HCA, you
have options. You can choose from avariety of benefits to create a
customizable plan. You have the ability toenroll in several medical
coverage plans including vision and dental. You caneven select
additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll
inour Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending
accounts formedial and childcare needs, and participate in our
tuition reimbursement andstudent loan repayment programs. HCA
Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is a 531-bed acute care facility
hospital offeringinpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and
specialty services. The campusincludes Level II trauma
capabilities, a Neuroscience Institute, The Heart& Vascular
Hospital, a bariatrics program, the Breast Diagnostic Center,
awound care center, a level III Neonatal ICU, and the areas only
pediatricemergency department and pediatric ICU. HCA Healthcare
Clear Lake isaffiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the
HCA Healthcare Gulf CoastDivision. The division is a comprehensive
network of hospitals, outpatientsurgery centers, emergency centers
and diagnostic imaging facilities in greaterHouston, Corpus Christi
and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nineambulatory
care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a
regionaltransfer center. For more information, visit . Our Managers
have access to a variety ofresources to help you reach your goals
- A comprehensive orientation process
- Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
- Leadership development programs
- State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in
patient careManager (RN) - CVIMU
What you will do in this role:
- Responsible for assisting, planning, implementing and
evaluating care for patients on the Critical Care Unit
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for the
Critical Care Unit and managing all assigned personnel, supplies,
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess, and
improve the quality of patient care.
- Functions as charge nurse on assigned shifts.
- Communicates with Nurse Director, ANM, Supervisor, AOS and Case
Manager regarding patient care, staff conflicts and unusual
- Assist in ensuring supplies and equipment is available for
- Displays positive customer service behaviors.
- Must meet the position requirements for the Staff R.N. on the
Critical Care Unit.
- Acts as clinical resource for the staff.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and
procedures in conjunction with the Director of Critical Care
Services that guide and support the provision of services
- Assist in planning and implementing educational needs for the
Critical Care Nursing staff.
- Assists in continuous assessment and performance improvement
program on the Critical Care Unit
- Provides direction and instruction to staff in organization and
coordination of patient care
- Provides recommendations for space and other resources needed
by the Critical Care Unit
- Participates in the selection of sources for needed services
not provided by the department or the organization.
- Follows up in a timely manner in response to all patients/
family concerns including communication with administrator on
- Maintains TJCA standards and Patient Safety Goals. Stays up to
date on guidelines for other regulatory agencies.
- Supports the mission, goals and objectives of the
- Responsible for the appropriate orientation and in-service
training and continuing education of all personnel on the Critical
- Responsible for ensuring Through Put Plan is followed
continuously and reviewing for process improvement.
- Assists Director in reviewing eMar scanned reports.
- Responsible for ensuring core measure patients are identified
and protocols followed. Qualifications:
- B.S. Nursing preferred.
- 2-years experience as a Critical Care staff Registered Nurse
- 2-years management or Charge Nurse experience required.
- Current Texas Licensure with State Board of Nurse
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association
Keywords: HCA., Houston , RN / Nurse Manager / Texas / Permanent / Manager (RN) CVIMU Job, Executive , Webster, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!