Nurse Manager - NICU (RN)
Company: The Woman's Hospital of Texas- Houston
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just anotheremployee?
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and
inclusionthrive? Submit your application today and find out what it
truly means to be apart of a team. We value your contributions. Our
employee recognitionprograms encourage our teams to raise the bar.
We are currently seeking a Nurse Manager - NICU to join ourfamily.
Come be a part of the change! We offer you anexcellent total
compensation package, including competitive salary,
excellentbenefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in
our team and yourability to do excellent work with us. Your
benefits include 401k, PTO medical,dental, flex spending, life,
disability, tuition reimbursement, employeediscount program and
employee stock purchase program.We would love to talk to you about
this fantastic opportunity.
The Woman s Hospital of Texas Houston, TX Nurse Manager (RN)
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Since 1976, The Woman s
Hospital of Texas has beenthe state s premier facility dedicated to
the health and well-being of women,newborns and children. The
hospital s 397 beds offers expertise andoutstanding care in breast
health, imaging, gynecology, obstetrics, high-riskpregnancy,
neonatology, minimally-invasive surgery and pediatric care.
The Woman s Hospital of Texas is affiliated with HCAHouston
Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division.
Thedivision is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient
surgery centers,emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities
in greater Houston, CorpusChristi and South Texas. Facilities
include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory carecenters, 13 off-campus
emergency centers, and a regional transfer center. The Woman s
Hospital of Texas is currently looking for a Nurse Manager (RN)
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Whatyou will do in this
- Under the supervision of the NICU Department director and the
Chief of the Neonatology group is responsible and accountable for
the planning and implementation of patient management as
- Will serve as a liaison to physicians, nurse practitioners,
nursing staff, families and ancillary services or consultants of
- Collaborates with physicians or their designee to plan and
implement discharge process with nursing staff and families.
- Evaluates collaborative care of patients to promote continuity
of neonatal care between medical, nursing, and ancillary
disciplines and reports observations to medical or management staff
- Facilitates coordination of care of the compromised neonate
among all disciplines providing care.
- Utilizes communication skills effectively in working with
parents, physicians, and personnel
- Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and
to continue personal and professional growth.
- Participates in establishing, maintaining, and improving
patient s health care goals through patient assessment, planning
and implementation of nursing interventions and evaluation of
- Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance
improvement activities on the unit and with other service
- Accurately and completely documents all aspects of care
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time
management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting
- Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to
protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
- Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate
compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and
uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of
social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
- Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians,
nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for
continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance,
punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
- Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude,
personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the
- To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and
practice ethically and with integrity.
- Other duties as assigned Qualifications What qualifications you
- BSN required
- Current RN license in Texas
- BCLS certified required
- Medication Learning Modules
- Certification in specialty area preferred
- Unit specific clinical experience preferred
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune s list of Most Admired Companies
for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500
list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World s Most
Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.
Intrigued? We d love to hear from you. If you find this opportunity
compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all
applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of
our recruiters . We are actively interviewing so apply today! We
are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status. Notice Our Company s
recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your
career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During
the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking here .For questions about your job
application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at
1-844-###-#### option 1. Associated topics: asn, hospice, intensive
care, intensive care unit, maternal, nurse, nurse rn, psychiatric,
Keywords: The Woman's Hospital of Texas- Houston, Houston , Nurse Manager - NICU (RN), Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!