Adoptions and RFPs Manager
Company: Accelerate Learning Inc
Posted on: October 19, 2020
At Accelerate Learning we understand that student success does
not happen without great teachers. We also understand that teachers
need support. We do everything by looking first through the lens of
a teacher and asking, "What makes sense for the science classroom
of today...and tomorrow?"STEMscopes---, created by Accelerate
Learning Inc in conjunction with Rice University, is an
award-winning, research-based national leader in the PreK-12 STEM
curriculum. Used by over 4.5M students across all 50 states,
STEMscopes provides comprehensive digital resources, supplemental
print materials, and hands-on exploration kits that drive
engagement and academic growth.SUMMARY: This position reports
directly to the Senior Manager, Adoptions, but works closely with
other leadership positions throughout the company. This position
will manage the instructional materials adoption process and
respond to selected RFPs, Bids, and Grants that will contribute to
the growth of Accelerate Learning and support the success of the
sales team. This position's core responsibilities will be to manage
and execute all PreK-12 science and math adoptions, submissions,
manage timelines, communications, and to get our products listed on
approved district purchase lists. This position will also lead and
oversee all aspects of the submission processes for large-scale
RFPs, Bids, and Grant initiatives, which includes writing and
ensuring that all proposals adhere to the guidelines set forth by
customers and agencies.This position will work closely with Sales,
Marketing, and Curriculum teams to develop and execute a specific
strategy for each adoption, RFP, Bid, and Grant. This position is
on-site and based out of the corporate office in Houston,
TX.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:ADOPTIONS
- Identifies and tracks all state and local adoption
opportunities in key markets.
- Executes project planning and status reports for all required
documentation submissions, coordinating with sales and curriculum
- Coordinates multiple departments to respond within strict
- Determines and facilitates all requirements and manages the
distribution of forms and materials through all the proper reviews
as well as through state/municipal processes on a timely
- Manages cross-departmental notifications and coordination
related to key dates for documentation submissions, program
reviews, and communication blackouts, in addition to any relevant
items related to the pre- mid- and post-adoption process.BIDS,
RFPs, and GRANTS
- Research and analyze public and private funding Bid, Grant, and
RFP opportunities- convey key market funding research findings and
market trends to the Senior Manager so that determination can be
made as to whether we submit for the opportunity or not.
- Follow the established procedures for identifying
opportunities, obtaining Senior Manager approval before building
the response, notifying Sales of intake forms, obtaining
appropriate leadership signatures, and final submission
- Support the sales team by requesting Salesforce intake forms
and submitting required applications to get sales associates listed
as approved to sell in districts.
- Draft customized proposals for schools and/or districts Bids,
RFPs, or Grants, with assistance from subject matter experts.
- Quality Control: Ensure that written proposals adhere to the
guidelines set forth by customers/agencies so that we win the
- Responsible for maintaining an electronic archive library for
- Maintains boilerplate and re-use material library to supplement
- Utilize a collaborative response management platform for
proposals, when possible.
- Tracks and reports RFP opportunities, win/loss, and contract
- Must have very strong writing skills and enjoy drafting
competitive proposals with the intent of winning.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Builds positive relationships easily and works well in a team
- Ability to set priorities, and to schedule and follow through
on multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines.
- Maintains accurate record-keeping and tracking of
- Absolute personal integrity and credibility and the ability to
keep identified issues/documents confidential.
- Ability to organize and articulate abstract ideas into working
- Maturity, good judgment, flexibility, and initiative.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects and deadlines in a
fast-paced environment, while maintaining a positive and responsive
- Strong interpersonal skills that encourage open communication,
strengthen team cooperation, promote enthusiasm, motivate strategic
thinking, and build professional relationships.
- Ability to manage projects and communication protocol with
- Proficiency with Google Suite.
- Ability to effectively translate product brand, value
proposition, features, and benefits into required
documentationEDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and three (3) years of
experience in the PreK-12 education market space preferred.
- Experience with RFP processes and submissions, education
grants, and funding knowledge. (preferred)
- Exposure to the education RFP processPHYSICAL DEMANDS:Physical
demands of the position will include mobility throughout the day;
lifting, reaching and carrying materials associated with the
preparation, distribution, demonstration, use, and maintenance of
various materials. Occasionally, more rigorous activity associated
with field experiences or other program activities. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be
required during evenings and weekend hours. Must be able to travel
in and outside of Houston, TX for conferences, events, customer
meetings, showcases, and training.WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate.MISSION:We are focused on becoming the preeminent and most
effective digital PK-12 STEM resource used by teachers, students,
and parents as measured by adoption, usage, and results.VISION:We
help teachers adopt effective STEM instructional practices to
improve student performance and increase the engagement of students
and parents through high quality, customized, standards-aligned,
and hands-on digital STEM curricula and resourcesAccelerate
Learning Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not
discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed,
color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship
status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran
status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or
local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with
respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer,
training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general
treatment during employment
Keywords: Accelerate Learning Inc, Houston , Adoptions and RFPs Manager, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!