SR MANAGER, QUALITY ASSURANCE
Company: SPX Flow
Posted on: November 23, 2020
For over 140 years our products have helped ensure the safe,
reliable operations of key industries. With a passion for precision
and partnership, Celeros Flow Technology continues this heritage of
high performance and dependability, providing mission critical,
sustainable flow control solutions for our customers around the
Celeros Flow Technology is looking for individuals with a voice and
a vision. We embrace change, diversity and promote new ways of
looking at old ideas. We seek talented professionals to join our
world-class team of innovators in a global, collaborative &
multi-cultural environment, where you will be challenged,
supported, and inspired to be extraordinary.
The Role Reporting to the Site Leader as Sr. Quality Assurance
Manager, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating
Quality functions in order to provide a Quality System for products
both fabricated and purchased by the division. You will provide
guidance and technical assistance on basic and advanced quality
methods, and oversee Quality personnel as they work with the line
and team members on expense and capital budgets for the department.
Additionally, you will be responsible for the development,
implementation and monitoring of a quality system supporting all
As part of your specific duties, you will:
* Supervise and direct all Quality personnel to assure the
consistent application of quality improvement/control principles
and procedures resulting in optimum economic control over product
* Originate, administrate and control Quality Engineering and
Inspection area budgets for employee and operational expenses.
Budget for Quality Services departmental capital equipment, general
supplies/services, professional services, seminar registration,
leased equipment, equipment repair and maintenance, inspection
supplies and inventory usage costs to ensure the efficient,
effective utilization and of allocated capital.
* Develop, implement, monitor and update procedures used by Quality
personnel to ensure the consistent application of Customer Quality
services departmental policies. Plan, develop and implement
qualitative and quantitative performance measurements for Quality
personnel to monitor individual and departmental effectiveness and
* Direct and coordinate Quality personnel in appropriate and timely
responses to field quality problems indicated by customer
* Develop and attain short- and long-range goals for the Quality
department and in support of the Product team, departmental and
division goals to maintain maximum economic control over product
* Design and conduct statistical experiments and apply other
problem analysis / problem-solution methods to solve product or
process problems that require specialized techniques.
* Teach employees to use statistical and alternative methods to
ensure continuous improvement.
* Plan and direct departmental efforts to comply to applicable
regulatory standards originating outside of the Company.
* Develop and manage supplier quality initiatives including vendor
expectations and capability studies for incoming materials.
* Own and keep updated our quality management system to include
compliance to any customer, state, federal, or international
regulation that is applicable for our end markets.
* Work with cross-functional managers to develop Quality driven
goals at all levels of the organization.
* Own approval of all process procedures within the facility.
* Own warranty/repair team and process to drive cost reduction
* Plan and direct all departmental efforts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Ability to apply problem-solution methods to solve process
* A drive for continuous learning and improvement; ability to
create a roadmap.
* Skill with QLS development; ability to create a roadmap
* Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
with the ability to build and maintain relationships and work
effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the
* Proven leadership and development skills and a team-oriented
approach. Ability to develop those skills/attributes in others to
maximize the morale and efficiency of the team.
* Ambitious self-starter who can drive tasks and develop team
members in an often ambiguous environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field is required. MBA
and/or ASQC Certified Quality Engineer status is desired.
* Black belt certification is highly preferred; Six Sigma
certification is an advantage.
* 5 years of experience managing quality functions within a
manufacturing environment and oil and gas industry.
* Experience in machining manufacturing.
* Experience with nuclear standards and ASME Codes
* Proven success in developing a team(s) and processes.
* Experience with statistical root cause analysis and supplier
SPX Flow is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are
unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career
center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation,
contact the Human Resources Department at
Keywords: SPX Flow, Houston , SR MANAGER, QUALITY ASSURANCE, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!