Company: TC Energy
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Reference Code: 73266
Location: United States (US) - Houston, TX
Job Category: Business Development
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic
Application Deadline: 11/20/2020
There s never been a greater need for the essential service of
delivering reliable and affordable energy to people s homes,
businesses and cities. Guided by our values of safety, integrity,
responsibility and collaboration, our amazing people are dedicated
to making sure you have the energy you need to power your life.
We want more innovators and critical thinkers who want to make a
difference and solve complex energy challenges. The exciting and
rewarding projects you build, paired with awesome team
collaboration and exemplary leadership, will improve the lives for
millions of people across North America. If you re seeking a
company culture that embraces diversity, celebrates unique talents,
and gives back to the community, join our TC Energy family to lead
Our US Natural Gas strategy team is evolving, and we are seeking a
curious and creative intellectual, who has knowledge and experience
in understanding strategic issues and oversees the energy
fundamentals forecasts and implications across the portfolio.
The Manager, US Natural Gas Strategy will be a future leader with
TC Energy who is able to manage a cross-functional team supporting
fundamental forecasting, mergers & acquisitions, and analytics to
provide clear implementable recommendations to the EVP and
President of the business unit. This position will report to the
Director, Business Planning and Strategy.
What you ll do
* Ability to manage a cross-functional of analytical experts
* Aggregating qualitative information to the results of
quantitative modeling performing a broad range of analytical and
communication task in support of the Supply Strategy and gas and
transportation portfolio definition/optimization efforts including
gathering and analyzing natural gas and LNG market data.
* Maintain developed models and market systems and back testing of
model results for continuous improvement
* Support Leadership Team in developing effective presentations and
reports about market conditions, supply efforts, and other relevant
topics to US Natural Gas (USNG) leadership.
* Key contributor to the optimization and analytics team in
developing and managing models including those defining:
* Supply and demand internationally as well as regionally which
drive business implications
* Infrastructure including pipeline capacity, storage and
* Potential adjacencies
* Strategic portfolio management (developing organic/inorganic
targets or adjacencies)
* Support the Commercial team in preparing presentations and
reports for senior leadership
* Performing ad hoc analysis as required to support one-off
commercial analysis projects
* Effectively organizing and managing key data for analytics
ensuring it is current, clean and reliable
* Devising methods and procedures for obtaining data and presenting
their findings in a clear and creative manner; and support market
data management and system improvement
* Bachelor s degree in engineering, business, economic or other
STEM based discipline with an advanced degree preferred
* 5 or more years in a leadership role leading a cross-functional
teams of professionals
* 6 or more years of experience in market and quantitative
analytics, particularly in natural gas and potential
* Ability to quickly and accurately research and analyze
quantitative data and qualitative information, and to package that
information into a deliverable
* Ability to work independently and manage both short and long-term
* A broad knowledge of the energy market including transportation,
supply and storage
* A strong ability to communicate and collaborate with and at all
levels of the organization including developing formal
* Experience in managing large scale of market data set and
implementing market data systems
* Strong leader who is able to lead, manage, develop a team of
* Strong analytical, quantitative skills with attention to
* Excellent data management and organization capabilities
* Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products, with specific
skills in Excel and PowerPoint
* Proficiency in market data systems
* Collaborate with peers and manage up
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to take initiative and implement creative solutions after
* Project management skills
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North
America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas
pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our
operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34
Apply to this posting by 11/20/2020 using reference code 73266. You
must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only
applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged.
Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or desktop /
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the
E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media
channels for our latest news, employee stories, community
activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be
offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country
in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal
and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Engineer, Manager, Supply, Data Management,
Engineering, Strategy, Management, Operations, Data.
Keywords: TC Energy, Houston , Manager, Strategy, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!