Director Benefits & Well-being
Company: Tokio Marine HCC
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Description Position at Tokio Marine HCC The Director of
Benefits and Well-being actively manages the Company's U.S.
employee benefit plans to ensure all plans meet strategic
objectives. Develops a strong benefits team and is responsible for
the design of processes and procedures for maximum impact and
efficiency. Maintains strong collaborative relationships with HR
Business Partners and third-party administrative vendors and
consultants. Develops and analyzes plan metrics while monitoring
market trends and legislative/regulatory updates to develop benefit
recommendations that are aligned with company strategy. Develops
and markets holistic wellness programs to support a Fit
Culture.This position focuses primarily on US benefits and leave
management. In addition, a working knowledge of
global/multinational benefits strategy is required for optimal
performance in a global organization setting.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Participates heavily in the development of employee benefits
strategy to support TMHCC culture and the workforce/workplace of
- Manages U.S. employee benefit programs to ensure the
attraction, retention and motivation of employees, including but
not limited to health & welfare plans, wellness programs, and leave
- Ensures programs are market-competitive, cost-competitive and
aligned with company strategy; oversees implementation of approved
plan design changes.
- Monitors internal metrics, industry and workforce trends, as
well as regulatory and legislative changes, working with HR
leadership and Centers of Excellence to develop benefits strategy
and implement plan changes
- Develops and executes change management and communication
strategies to ensure all parties are fully informed of benefit plan
changes. Improves employee understanding, promotes consumerism and
fosters appreciation of the value of all Company-sponsored benefit
programs and services to employees through employment life
- Develops and leads a strong benefits team, including the design
of 5-year strategic department goals and determining the optimal
progression to obtain those goals.
- Prepares and presents analyses, materials and recommendations
to senior leadership.
- Assess current and future vendor relationships, and manages
vendor relationships to ensure optimal systems, execution, budget,
- Oversees the budgeting and finance processes as relates to
benefit expense and liability accounts.
- Directs the leave of absence experience through a third-party
vendor to ensure an excellent experience for all involved.
- Oversees the services to employees that provide customer
service, claims resolution, new hire onboarding, and benefit
enrollment and change processing.
- Manages and oversees all paid and unpaid leave programs and
related protections, including Paid Time Off, leave of absence
administration, and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADAAA)
- Participates in due diligence and manages integrations related
to merger and acquisition activity.
- Ability to communicate complex information in a manner that is
understandable to all employeesCompetencies:
- Direct development of both short-term and long-term plans for
designated area of the organization.
- Coordinate resources to ensure strategies are
- Communicate team or group plans or results, internally and
externally, at all organizational levels.
- Write, or is a major contributor to, management/technical
reports or contractual documents.
- Present informational briefings.Cost Management
- Develop and accountable for budget of department or multiple
- Develop innovative ways to improve financials.Business Controls
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Identify control objectives for designated function and
implement cost-effective controls designed to meet those
- Test controls to determine if they are performing as
- Has full HR responsibility for direct reports including making
hiring decisions, training, coordinating work, establishing
standards, reviewing work, conducting performance appraisals, and
providing coaching or counseling.Position Knowledge, Skills, and
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related
field, or the equivalent education and/or experience.
- 8 years of--relevant and progressive professional experience in
health and welfare benefit design, administration, and
- 5 years of--leadership experience, with a proven track record
for building strong, efficient, and effective teams
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) Certification
- Possess and have ability to apply advanced knowledge of
principles, practices, and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an
emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Superior organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated
ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical
developments related to applicable area of the Company's business
to proactively respond to changing business environment#LI-KM2 You
have been redirected to a Tokio Marine HCC job page
Keywords: Tokio Marine HCC, Houston , Director Benefits & Well-being, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!