Sr Director of Global Major Accounts Apply to This Job
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Company: IT Services, Houston, TX or New York, NY Remarks: The
Role: The Senior Commercial Director, Global Majors Americas will
be part of the Global Majors leadership team focused on business
growth, retention, coaching and development of team members. This
person will be leading a team of experienced sales and relationship
managers ensuring Company continues to promote our brand among the
most influential Global customers based in the Americas. The Sr.
Director will work closely with the team to develop an effective
sales strategy and collaborate across functions to achieve
objectives which include enhancing customer experience, attaining
and exceeding net-sales targets and guiding and motivating the
sales team to optimal performance.
The Location: Houston or New York
The Team: The team is composed of senior sales professionals. The
business has a friendly, collaborative, and performance-driven
atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value teamwork. You
must be a team player to be successful within our organization. As
a Sr. Commercial Director, you will be part of the Global Majors
Leadership team and supported by colleagues with diverse
backgrounds and experience.
The Impact: You will develop a high-performance team driving
recruitment, training, coaching, and team members development. This
team will promote strong, long-lasting business relationships by
partnering with a select group of Global Key Accounts and
presenting solutions and products meeting their needs. You will
raise the sales team's credibility and effectiveness by bringing to
bear best practices in forecasting, activity management, and
account planning. You will be able to lead from the front and
directly impact the future growth of your account portfolio and
- Working within one of the world's foremost commodity data, news
& analytics providers, you will manage a team of sales
professionals to meet or exceed the assigned net-sales goals,
customer experience metrics, and other objectives as may be defined
in the compensation plan.
- Develop and execute account-based sales strategy which should
include discovering needs, diagnosing customer problems, presenting
solutions, renewing subscription agreements, and closing new sales
of Company' products via face-to-face visits, phone calls, and
- Work closely with Company marketing teams and our third-party
channel partners to support our major customers and develop growth
- Ensure the team maintains and improves customer satisfaction
measured by Company' Net Promoter Score (NPS) and positive
anecdotal feedback from clients. Develop and implement customer
retention and customer experience strategy to minimize downgrades '
risks and maximize up-sell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Ensure close collaboration with internal teams, including
Product Management, Marketing, Content, and Technology, to maximize
revenue growth and external channel partners to promote and grow
- Manage and drive the creation and assignment of sales goals,
business retention goals, compensation plans, and travel expense
budgets for team members in your group.
- Establish best practices implementing our sales methodology and
applying sound judgement and discipline when forecasting and
- Providing managerial direction, coaching, and the additional
sales skills and tools the team will need to achieve set targets.
Ensuring the team is kept well-informed of key trends, responding
to client and market demands with relevant conversations,
engagements, products and services. What We're Looking For: We are
looking for a high-performing Sales Director to help us meet our
revenue growth targets by focusing on putting the customer at the
center of everything we do, understanding customer needs and
keeping our company competitive and innovative. The Sr Director
will be a team player with an essential role in the Global Majors
Commercial Leadership team, bringing experience, coaching ability,
and drive to the table. Experience in and/or strong knowledge of
the commodity, oil & gas, energy, power or related industries is
preferred along with a proven sales record and ability to lead and
motivate a team.
- Multiple years' experience in sales roles with at least ten
years managing sales into the energy, financial, or
business-to-business markets, including P&L or similar
financial responsibility. Must demonstrate achievement of exceeding
company sales/financial goals in 80% of those years.
- Strong consultative sales and negotiation skills experience,
possess high integrity, and is proficient in all phases of the
selling cycle from need creation, proposal preparation, negotiation
to deal closure.
- Bachelor's degree in business, commerce, or related subjects.
MBA is a benefit.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills and ability
to articulate complex product information to sophisticated
prospects and customers.
- Strong personal integrity and a confident and positive
- Entrepreneurial mindset; demonstrates drive, initiative,
energy, and sense of urgency.
- Strong leadership, people management, team building, and
cross-functional collaboration skills essential.
- Proven strong leadership in managing multi-national global
and/or strategic account teams, multi-cultural awareness and
regional experience is preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills, coupled with
the ability to embrace change.
- Demonstrated forecasting and pipeline management capabilities
in the CRM environment required.
- Strong creative problem-solving skills and the ability to
negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Commodities and energy industry knowledge a plus.
- Degree and/ or other business discipline/ training
- Solid planning and organization skills, able to prioritize
- Competent with systems (Salesforce/ Equivalent CRM, MS
- Travel required and ability to adjust to other time zones
More Jobs Like This Job No. 646597
Director of Accounts Systems
Job No. 646573
Job No. 646572
Accoutn Director of DoD
Job Tools:Apply to This Job --Print this job
Share thisEmail this job to meSend this job to a colleagueYour
* First Name:
* Last Name:
* First Name:
* Last Name:
Comments you would like to include (optional):
* Required fields
Need Help? Your Member ServicesRepresentative is
here for you at 1-203-750-1030
Keywords: ExecuNet, Houston , Sr Director of Global Major Accounts Apply to This Job, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!