Chief Financial Officer
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Dynamic and Growing Health Center Searching for Same in a
Our growing health center is searching for a new CFO to our
organization and serve as a partner with a motivated management
team. Dedication to the organization and getting the work done are
critical to our success. CHN is also involved in tech development,
including our own EHR, COVID Testing and Vaccine Events Management,
Remote Patient Monitoring, etc. The selected candidate will get to
onboard and work alongside the incumbent CFO for a few months.
Community Health Network (CHN) partners with non-profit,
governmental, and local entities to provide accessible and
affordable healthcare to the people of Brazoria, Galveston, and
Harris County. CHN, a not-for-profit community health center
(FQHC), is seeking a dynamic Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to
manage an annual budget of $20 million.
The ideal candidate should align with the organization's mission,
"To provide quality care that uplifts, supports, and shapes healthy
communities while addressing financial and social barriers". The
position will be responsible for overseeing the general operations
of the Accounting, Purchasing, Billing, and Front Office
Departments. The CFO will work closely with the Leadership and
Managerial team to develop and implement strategies impacting the
financial strength of the organization. This position will directly
manage the Revenue Cycle Supervisor, Human Resource Manager, and
Accounting Manager; and is responsible for the overall direction,
coordination and evaluation of these departments.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Oversee CHN's day-to-day financial operations
- Responsible for financial planning and analysis, prepare
financial reports, company audits, and bank relationships. The
position will report to the CEO and serve as a member of a
collaborative executive team.
- In conjunction with the IT Director, assesses the computer
systems and software programs of the organization and advises on
maximizing their capabilities to meet financial tracking,
accounting requirements and electronic medical records
- Analyzes available data and financial reports and makes
recommendations for improving CHN's self-sufficiency.
- Attend applicable Board and Committee meetings and provide
staff support as needed.
- Prepare budgets, reports and studies required for CHN and the
funding sources for its programs.
- Approves all purchase orders, prior to payment.
- Follows agency policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Develop and administer policies based on sound management
practices and consistent with effective financial, accounting, and
fund management principles.
- Establish fiscal controls necessary to manage the day-to-day
operations for budgeting, accounts payable, draw/reimbursement, and
procurement functions and ensures these functions are successfully
carried out in full compliance with all state, federal, local, or
- Initiating development and use of best-practice policies,
standard operating procedures, and tools to ensure strong and
well-controlled operations management, cross-team communication,
- Establishing a culture of collaboration, cooperation, customer
service, accountability, and high-performance and managing the team
toward achievement these goals.
- Analyzing complex operational and administrative problems,
evaluating alternatives and recommending or adopting effective
courses of action.
- Evaluate performance of personnel in the Finance division,
recommending training, and keep staff at highest level of skill
necessary to meet department's needs and objectives.
- Performs other job-related tasks as assigned.
- Interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign and direct
work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees;
address complaints and resolve problems.
- Oversee the general operation of the Finance Department,
Purchasing Department, Front Office and Billing.
- Supervise and evaluate the department staff in the performance
of their duties and assign responsibilities based on their
- Take a leadership role in the annual financial audit process by
obtaining bids and recommending selection of an auditor to the
Chief Executive Officer and Finance Committee. Responsible for
preparing and monitoring progress toward the completion of this
audit in a timely manner.
- In the absence of the Chief Executive Officer, assumes
responsibility for the administration of CHN in consultation with
the Board President and the Chief Operating Officer
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching, and development for
personnel performing within Accounting, Billing and Procurement
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance is required, a
Master's degree is preferred.
- Must be accredited as a Certified Public Accountant with a
minimum of 5 years,' at least three years of managerial
- Experience in public or financial management, required.
- FQHC, medical, or non-profit/grant accounting experience,
- Possesses a thorough working knowledge of the cost reporting
requirements of the agency's programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to effectively communicate
and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Problem solving: Ability to exercise sound judgement and make
decisions based on timely and accurate information
- Critical Thinking: Displays well developed analytical skills,
with an ability to make reasoned judgments that are logical and
- Motivated: High sense of integrity and dependability with a
strong sense of urgency
- The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in finance
Preference Will Be Given To Applicants That Possess
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Government Financial
- At least 5 years of progressive financial management experience
overseeing financial operations with multiple funding sources and
types and to include fund/grant management.
- Familiarity with federal state, or local regulations related to
financial operations and researching, interpreting, and applying
these regulations to financial operations.
- Skilled in performing complex financial analysis, including
- Experience in employing process improvement methodologies in a
highly regulated environment.
- Exceptional written communication skills with ability to create
clear, concise, well organized reports, plans, and other written
- Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and
The position is physically comfortable, the individual has
discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources
of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with
acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions.
SELECTION/SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED: Yes
This position is subject to drug testing, professional reference
verification, and background screening
CHN offers a competitive benefits program:
- Progressive time-off
- 401K with company matching
- Fully paid health and dental coverage
- Ongoing training/development and access to a variety of
resources and tools
- Annual CE stipend
- And More!
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the
candidate's qualifications as well as the pay rates of other
employees in similar positions.
EEO Equal Employment Opportunity
CHN is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce
and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination,
harassment, and bullying based upon any legally protected status or
protected characteristic, including but not limited to an
individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age,
religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information,
veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 3 - 5 years
Salary: $110,000 - $130,000 Annual
Keywords: iHire, Houston , Chief Financial Officer, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!