Director of Compliance
Company: HOUSTON APARTMENT FOUNDATION
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Founded in 2002, the ITEX Group is a vertically integrated,
privately held real estate investment, development, construction,
and property management firm. The ITEX Group pursues a broad range
of real estate investments that offer risk-adjusted returns to our
investors and clients. The key to ITEX's success is dedication to
fair and equitable relationships with its stakeholders. The
Director of Compliance will be responsible for file reviews in
preparation for audits, approving initial certifications for
properties in the company's portfolio, and assuring compliance with
applicable affordable housing programs. The Director must keep
current in all changes to affordable housing regulations and
distribute this information to the President and property operation
staff. The Director will also promote company growth, client
retention, company culture, purpose and vision. Qualifications:The
ideal candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of LHTC, BOND,
and other affordable housing programs. HCCP certification or
equivalent is a plus, but not required. However, candidates must be
able to complete within six to eight months after employment.
Extensive experience in working with all aspects of Microsoft
Office is required. Responsibilities:
- Ability to motivate people to superior performance, with and
without direct line authority.
- Skilled with the ability to relate well to people from diverse
- Ability to interpret and understand financial information.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing and
advocate for affordable housing.
- Ability to understand regulatory agreements and compliance
- Ability to provide technical assistance on complex issues in a
simple, straight-forward manner.
- Ability to work as a part of a team with a participatory
- Takes initiative and can work independently in a manner that
protects and ensures company growth.
- Flexibility to work in a complex and changing organization and
adapt to changes in structures and work priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Actively portrays a positive attitude, professionalism, and
- Ability to be self-motivated and add value to the company
- All other duties assigned by Supervisor.
- This position requires up to 75% travel. Essential Job
- Keeps current on all updates and changes in affordable housing
programs and requirements. Assists with the distribution of
information, along with any needed explanation regarding the impact
of the changes, to key property operations staff.
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of master files for each
property with all documents essential to monitoring compliance
- Oversees all compliance policies, procedures, and
- Ensures that required certifications are completed on or before
- Reviews monthly, annual reports or required information due to
regulatory agencies. Ensures that these are in compliance and
submitted by no later than three days prior to due date.
- Implements in-house systems and processes for development,
asset management, and property management to ensure
- Assists or is responsible for the scheduling, completion, and
delivery of site inspections as assigned by Vice President of
- Listens attentively to others. Asks clarifying questions to
gain better understanding of the person's views and
- Works effectively in a team environment and actively
participates in joint problem solving; willingly cooperates with
- Identifies and takes advantage of opportunities for personal
and professional development.
- Coaches and encourages individual employees and teams.
Encourages the professional and personal development of staff.
Positively recognizes the accomplishments of staff in own work
group and other areas.
- Comes to meetings prepared and on time; honors work
commitments; follows through on what was agreed upon and meets
- Collaborates with other work groups and outside organizations
as appropriate, in a proactive and responsive manner.
- Maintains the private and confidential matters of co-workers.
Protects the proprietary information of ITEX.
- Follows rules, regulations and policies. Positively contributes
to implementing changes.
- Communicates courteously and effectively with others. Sets
- Reinforces the importance of our core values within the work
group and the company by acknowledging behaviors that demonstrate
Honesty/Integrity, Respect, and Accountability.
- Deals with issues directly, in a respectful and timely manner.
Uses an approach that focuses on resolving issues while maintaining
the dignity of the other party. Requirements
- 7 years' experience in property management required.
- Demonstrated experience at leading teams.
- Ability to work with cross functional groups.
- Proficiency with YARDI and Rent Caf-- property management
software preferred. Education: B.A. In Finance, Business, or
Related Subject Preferred EOE M/F/D/V
Keywords: HOUSTON APARTMENT FOUNDATION, Houston , Director of Compliance, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!