Director, Office of the Chief Technology and Digital Officer (Chief of Staff)
Company: University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Director, Office of the Chief Technology and Digital Officer
(Chief of Staff) POSITION SUMMARY
The Director, Office of the Chief Technology and Digital Officer
(Chief of Staff) is responsible for:
- Overseeing and coordinating daily activities within the Office
of the Chief Technology and Digital Officer (CTDO).
- Coordinating special projects for areas reporting to the
- Developing and implementing a disciplined analytical review
process that monitors and prioritizes matters of importance to the
- Serving as a key resource for the CTDO and other senior leaders
and supporting CTDO Leadership Team cohesion, coordination and
OFFICE OF THE CHIEF TECHNOLOGY AND DIGITAL OFFICER
The Office of the Chief Technology and Digital Officer has three
main strategic and operational responsibilities. (1) To design,
build, and oversee the deployment of technologies and the
associated processes to advance the cancer care, research, and
education mission of the MD Anderson Cancer Center while assuring
their cybersecurity. (2) To design, build and oversee the systems
to digitally-enable data governance, data management, and insight
extraction for the cancer care, research, and education mission of
the MD Anderson Cancer Center. (3) Support MD Anderson's capacity
to innovate through data-driven design-thinking, process
improvement, technology development/adoption, and innovation skill
POSITION KEY FUNCTIONS
- Ensures that leadership principles established by the CTDO are
instilled in the culture of day-to-day operations in the CTDO's
office. This ensure that the practices, office image and culture
and interactions with all stakeholders are a direct reflection of
the CTDO's values.
- Performs an integrator function for the CTDO Leadership team,
connects the dots and sees opportunities for synergy among the CTDO
and his senior leaders.
- Encourages bi-directional communication and cultivates a flow
of relevant information with the CTDO Leadership Team and other
- Leads strategic projects for the CTDO and drafts, reviews and
executes communications on behalf of the CTDO.
- Represents the CTDO across forums internally and externally, as
- Attends and manages the agenda and action items for the CTDO
Leadership Team meetings. Trusted to prioritize items and time
- Organizes, facilitates and oversees processes which support the
CTDO and CTDO Leadership Team's proactive and coordinated
preparation for meetings with stakeholders and committees.
- Oversees the advance development of all documents,
presentations and associated materials for the CTDO.
- Together with the executive assistant, manages the CTDO's
schedule and ensures executive briefings as necessary in advance of
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10 years of related experience to include five years in a
science, government or technology/industry sector;
- Project oversight with executive-level stakeholder
- Strong communication skills, team orientation and an ability to
work effectively at all levels of the organization;
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Health Care,
Science, Engineering or related field;
- Health care or academic/industry experience;
- Five years of managing teams;
- Master's Level Degree.
- Requisition ID: 138870
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Hard
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 0
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 0
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 0 Apply
Keywords: University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston , Director, Office of the Chief Technology and Digital Officer (Chief of Staff), Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!