Commercial Relationship Manager II, Houston TX
Company: Amerant Bank
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Commercial Relationship Manager II, Houston TX The Relationship
Manager II - Commercial is responsible for promoting and
cross-selling products and services with the objective of
servicing, maintaining, developing new relationships, increasing
bank revenues and identifying current and potential business
opportunities for the Bank. Duties and responsibilities
- Promote and cross-sell various products and services through
telephone calls, mailing notices and face-to face visits, with the
objective of servicing, maintaining, developing new relationships,
increasing the deposit and loan portfolio, increasing bank revenues
and identifying current and potential business opportunities for
the bank. Provide personalized attention to all bank customers in
order to provide better service, attract and attain new customers
and increase the presence of Amerant Bank in the market.
- Know and increase the Share of Wallet of a customer in order to
retain them and keeping them engaged increasing their lifetime
- Develop and maintain commercial banking relationships with
businesses established in the Houston and Texas regions. Provide
financial solutions to satisfy commercial business needs, establish
new and/or developing existing deposit and loan relationships
within this target market in order to achieve established
production goals for assigned region.
- Extensive knowledge of credit and underwriting standards in
accordance with the bank's credit policy guidelines. The ability to
evaluate, monitor, analyze, and control overall quality of existing
credit portfolio, including related depository relationships and
their activity; develop strategies to accommodate customer needs,
focusing on adequate growth of relationships. Make recommendations
for approval of lines of credit, commercial real estate and term
loans. Make presentations to Loan Committee when required for
approval of commercial credit transactions. Approve loans and other
banking transactions within lending authority.
- Evaluate and take action to adequately manage and control
customer overdraft and uncollected funds transactions following
approval limit guidelines in order to accommodate and service
customers in a financially feasible and prudent manner, with
minimum risk exposure to the bank.
- Assist the Business Manager in the supervision of the
commercial banking area to ensure that bank customers are provided
with excellent service. MAGNITUDE Develop and maintain a portfolio
of quality relationships in order to contribute to team goals with
the following metrics:
- Total Portfolio of $30 million.
- Average deposit production of approximately 25% of loan
- Participate in promotional and informative activities regarding
bank products and financial services within the community.
- Review daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Review transaction activity in work being processed.
- Identify needs of customers and prospects in a satisfactory
manner, providing optimum customer service while complying with
bank policy and federal regulations.
- Verify that loan requests are within established internal
credit policies prior to forwarding to Credit Services Department,
with subsequent communication of any outcome to the applicant
concerning their approval/denial status of such application.
- Analyze, underwrite and recommend commercial loan
- Review loan documentation prior to loan closings and check for
- Coordinate loan closings, loan bookings and the preparation of
- Review and approve overdraft and uncollected
transactionsMinimum Education and/or Certifications Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in business administration, banking, finance or
accounting. Minimum Work Experience Requirements: 3+ years'
experience in banking experience in the areas of business
development and managing diversified lending relationshipsTechnical
and/or Other Essential Knowledge: Strong commercial lending and
credit experience including formal credit training, sales and
customer service techniques. Must possess a successful track record
in business development.Proficiency using Microsoft Office 365
products including MS Word, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Teams, and MS
Keywords: Amerant Bank, Houston , Commercial Relationship Manager II, Houston TX, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!