Director, Talent Management
Company: Buckeye Pipe Line Services Co
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners, L.P. has a proven track
record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser
focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our
customers, operating under a strong set of values, and empowering
our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to
environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that
It is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies.
Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of
responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to
experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our
career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and
be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Director, Talent Management
with experience in development and delivery of human resource,
organizational and workforce development programs to join our
Role Summary:The Director, Talent Management role is responsible
for developing actionable strategies and solutions aligned with
Talent Management goals to achieve operational and financial
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Program Design. Assessing critical business issues and
designing approach that supports the business and strategic
objectives through organizational effectiveness, leadership
development, talent management and employee development.
- Succession Planning Development. Designing and developing
succession planning strategies and development tools to assure
employee and leadership bench strength.
- Subject Matter Expert. Acting as a subject matter expert and
providing leadership, guidance and training in the identification
and development of self-directed work teams.
- Program Assessment. Participating in and supporting on-going
competency evaluations and the development of subsequent programs
to continuously motivate and reward desired performance
- Mentoring Program Management. Developing and managing a
Mentoring program for leaders
- Learning Management Systems. Managing the strategic development
of company Learning Management System (LMS) as well as monitor
performance and make recommendations on system upgrades and
improvements. Hands on leadership role in the rollout and execution
of Cornerstone LMS system.
- Staff Leadership and Development. Provide mentorship,
leadership and management of Talent Management team.
- Major Projects Include but are not limited to:
- Project Management for People (PMP).
- Organizations and individual analysis; developmental planning;
mix analysis; organizational health measures; succession planning;
and manpower planning
- Performance Culture and Performance Management Process.
- Training & Leadership Development
- High Performance Work Teams.
- Definition of High Performance Work Team, Measurement and
- And other projects as defined.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- Master's Degree in Human Resources or Organizational
- 10+ years progressive work experience in development and
delivery of human resource, organizational and workforce
development programs in a multi-unit organization, with
demonstrated proficiency in multiple human resource
disciplines/processes related to position.
- Experience in designing sound talent management strategies and
- Training design and delivery experience is required
Certificates & Licenses:
- PHR or SPHR a plus.
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and articulate the strategic value of
integrated Talent Management processes with strong business
- Understanding of enterprise software, particularly HRIS, Talent
Management and Learning Management technologies
- Strong writing skills including the ability to synthesize
information into clear, concise messages both for detailed
analytical reports and executive summaries
- Effective verbal communication including the ability to relate
well with others and ability to adapt style as needed
- This position requires the ability to safely and successfully
perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other
federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative
and or/quantitative productivity standards.
- This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual
attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state
and local standards.
- This position requires compliance with all personnel
About You:To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees
must Possess excellent communication skills, both written and
verbal. You must be able to work independently. You must also be
able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing
with internal clients and external counterparties (customers,
vendors, etc.), as well as when handling sensitive and confidential
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus
that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of our
employees and results in innovative ways of reducing costs,
generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving
About Us:Buckeye Partners, L.P. is the logistical solutions partner
of choice for the global energy business and one of the nation's
largest independent petroleum products pipeline transportation and
terminalling service provider; our strength is to create centers of
expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with
disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment
Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on the following website:
This requisition is not eligible for the Employee Referral Program.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. reserves the right to not pursue a referred
candidate if the eventual employment of the referred candidate
would constitute a conflict of interest with a customer or supplier
and/or would be detrimental to the best interest of the
Company.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Buckeye Pipe Line Services Co, Houston , Director, Talent Management, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!