Project Manager - Engineered Projects - Fire Water & Suppression Systems
Company: Dooley Tackaberry
Location: Deer Park
Posted on: November 23, 2021
The position will assume the primary responsibilities of
managing industrial fire water and suppression project orders.
Opportunities may include pre-engineered suppression system and
also custom integrated and fabricated skids, firewater pump
packages, bladder tank foam packages and custom fire hydrant
assemblies.--Position will be fully responsible for all aspects of
the orders including administrative duties, design oversight,
component purchasing, fabrication/production oversight, shipment,
and installation/commissioning support (as needed).--Knowledge and
- General understanding of all relevant NFPA codes
- Experience in construction and fabrication techniques including
welded and thread pipe, structural steel members, paint and
galvanizing processes, etc.
- Experience in NFPA11 compliant foam systems including foam type
selection and application, system sizing, and discharge device
selection. Tyco/Ansul, Solberg, BioEx, Chemguard, etc.
- Experience in NFPA12 compliant CO2 suppression systems
including concentration and flood factor selection and application,
agent quantity sizing, and end device selection. Tyco/Ansul, Kidde,
- Experience in NFPA13 and 15 compliant sprinkler and waterspray
systems including application, quantity sizing, and releasing valve
and spray nozzle selection. Bermad, Viking, ClaVal, Tyco/Ansul,
- Experience in NFPA20 compliant firewater pump packages
including pump size and type selection and application. Pentair,
Fairbanks, Edwards, etc.
- Experience in NFPA24 compliant underground fire service mains
and apparatus systems including pipe size and type selection and UL
listed/approved hydrant/valve application, quantity, and sizing.
American Flow Control, Mueller, Nibco, UWP, Kennedy, Tyco,
- Experience in NFPA750 compliant water mist fire protection
systems including system type selection and application, quantity
sizing, and end nozzle selection. Marioff, Tyco/Ansul, etc.
- Experience in NFPA2001 compliant clean agent fire extinguishing
systems including agent type selection and application, quantity
sizing, and end device selection. Novec1230, Inergen, FM200,
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or NICET Level II (or
higher) Certified in Fire Alarm Systems, Special Hazards Systems,
Water Based Systems Layout or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of computer aided design software (AutoCad, Inventor,
Plant 3D, AutoSprink, etc.).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,
Projects and Outlook).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.--Attributes
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to
prioritize accordingly under constant deadlines.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with all level
of company employees, clients and vendors.
- Ability to work accurately, paying close attention to
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to delegate assignments to support personnel
effectively--Duties and Responsibilities:--
- Manage/Supervise project load(s) in excess of $1M-$5M.
- Coordinate and assist with design efforts of design/drafting
- Review design output for compliance with client specifications
and relevant codes & standards.
- Generate client change order requests when necessary.
- Periodic status review to confirm the accuracy of all relevant
- Monitor fiscal status of projects against the estimated
material and labor costs.
- Perform personal periodic shop inspections of working
- Coordinate shop client and/or third party inspections when
- Ensure project equipment delivery schedules are met.
- Ensure final project document and data requirements and
delivery schedules are met.
- Communicate timely and effectively with clients and
- Desire to continuously grow in knowledge and assume additional
responsibilities where appropriate.--
Keywords: Dooley Tackaberry, Houston , Project Manager - Engineered Projects - Fire Water & Suppression Systems, Executive , Deer Park, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!