Company: The Timken Company
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the
ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken.
Our associates make the world more productive by improving the
efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in
motion.The Account Manager position for Groeneveld-Beka sells
services and products using technical, organizational and customer
knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the
products/services to their needs, resulting in revenue generation.
In addition, the position provides input and participates in the
marketing, market planning and technical development of products
and services. Primary point of contact for customer requests,
orders, concerns, suggestions, and complaints. Essential
- Provide direct sales of Groeneveld products to end user
customers and authorized installing OEM dealers
- Manage and directs all aspects of the customers' sales process,
activities and account management within assigned territory.
- Travels the sales territory to call on regular and prospective
customers. Regular travel to customer locations for application
review of both new and existing projects.
- Drives sales growth in region effectively by managing the
customer sales cycle process.
- Responsible for selling all GVLS product lines, as well as
introducing other MPT products and services.
- Responsible for achieving monthly, quarterly and annual sales
targets as set by the executive leadership.
- Collect customer data, feedback and needs to communicate to
leadership for future product development and introduction
- Stays connected to the market and competitors; monitoring
others' activities and ensures protection of GVLS intellectual
- Sources new opportunities and introduces GVLS product
- Provides validated forecasting data by customer and product.
Coordinates monthly sales forecasting between customers and
internal sales and procurement departments.Complete Customer Sales
or Parts Order Form and Customer Requirement Sheet for each
- Works with Accounting to establish and resolve customer credit
- Negotiates contracts, supplier agreements, communicates pricing
increases and business partnerships for the company.
- Responsible for monthly reporting, monthly CRM updates, monthly
forecasting and monthly expense report management.
- Responsible for consistent customer visits, trade show
attendance and regular headquarter visits.
- Works with the Engineering and Technical departments to resolve
customer problems and design demands.
- Primary point of contact for all aspects of customer relations
including, product presentations, application review, product
interfacing issues/questions, quotation presentation, post
application follow up and any additional communication.
- Creates personal sales quotas in line with achieving company
- Communicates rolling forecasting to ensure product availability
and target achievement.
- Trains and works directly with other Account Managers to
collectively drive sales growth and market share.
- Review and update CRM and National Sales Manager on open
leads/opportunities on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for all sales planning Technical and Functional
- Covet full territorial customer base to retain current customer
base and obtain new customers to further enhance the GVLS market
- Effective and consistent customer contact to develop resilient
customer relations, and identify new opportunities for revenue
- Attend sales meetings and conferences.
- Use the educational aids provided from sales meetings and in
- Pass on experiences of sales situations to other GVLS
- Follow GVLS sales order process
- Attend trade shows and industry events
- Work with a high level of integrity and ethical fortitude
- Performs CRM updates on all prospect and active accounts
- Self-motivated, and ambitious personality
- Proficient use of Microsoft Suite Qualifications: Bachelors
Degree Required or 15 plus years sales experience. All qualified
applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual
qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment
standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender
identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age,
disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any
other basis protected by applicable law.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Houston , Account Manager, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!