Company: American Heart Association
Posted on: May 16, 2022
OverviewAre you ready to join an organization where you can be a
relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives?Envision
all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart
disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American
Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single
day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? You bet!This is satisfying
work that makes a real difference in people's lives. You can
achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will
connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner
with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and
others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices
and proper healthcare.ResponsibilitiesWe have an excellent
opportunity for a Corporate Development Director, Heart Ball in our
Houston, TX office. In this role, you will be responsible for
identifying and securing development prospects for the Houston
Heart Ball. This campaign brings together corporate partners,
medical leaders, community leaders, and volunteers of the community
to bring awareness and spread the mission of the American Heart
Association. The fundraising goal for this role is $1,150,000 net.
You will also have the opportunity to plan, implement and evaluate
the event. This role will create a vision and strategy translating
it into specific action plans for each account. You will actively
work with team members to grow existing accounts, secure new ones
and expand the volunteer base of the organization.Essential Job
- Work strategically with AHA staff in multiple campaigns and
volunteer teams charged with the Heart Ball campaign to accomplish
- High level corporate volunteer recruitment.
- Revenue generation through corporate sponsorships.
- Conduct sales calls to generate new business and upgrade
existing company partnerships by engaging them in the mission of
- Develop and manage relationships with volunteers, sponsors and
key corporate & community leaders.
- Track, report and manage results using a variety of database
and campaign management systems with a proven track record in
meeting sales/fundraising goals.
- Event management including but not limited to planning,
logistics, implementation, volunteer partnerships and evaluation
post-event for constant improvements.
- Manage the Wine Auction, this includes leading meetings with
volunteers, securing donations, submitting the TABC license
request, cataloging items and managing the auction night of
- Other duties as assigned by
supervisor.\#AHAIND1QualificationsWant to help get your resume to
the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
- Three (3)+ years of experience in fundraising, outside sales or
in a non-profit organization in a similar capacity.
- A proven track record in meeting sales/fundraising goals.
- The ability to secure corporate donations through participating
in and leading top-level sponsorship asks.
- Demonstrated skills in cultivating major donors, securing large
corporate sponsorships (six figures), and identifying and securing
- Have a collaborative approach to working with other internal
partners, such as with Heart Walk, Go Red for Women, Health
Strategies and Youth Market Teams to help drive specific AHA cause
initiatives in defined markets.
- Excellent organization, communication, negotiation, and
- Results driven with the ability to multitask.
- Direct knowledge of special event fundraising tactics is
essential.Here are some of the preferred skills we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university preferred.
College coursework combined with related experience may be
substituted for a degree.
- Strong knowledge of Houston area business, medical, and
- Willing and able to travel within the Greater Houston market to
engage c-suite corporate executives to accomplish goals
approximately 75% of the time.
- Able to work non-standard hours such as early starts and/or
late endings to the workday, as needed.
- Able to lift at least 20 lbs. from the ground to waist level
with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.(Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.Our Rewards & Benefits package
not only gives you the total benefits you want, but also goes above
and beyond with creative programs to develop your skills - helping
you grow and thrive at the American Heart Association. To help you
be successful you will have access to our award-winning learning
platform the Heart U as well as our sales training & relationship
development program- Building Powerful Partnerships which received
a 2017 Learning! 100 Award from Elearning! Media Group, and various
other training and support mechanisms locally and through our
National Center. This position is eligible for our full benefits
and retirement packages, generous PTO accrual, paid holidays in
addition to the week of December 25th off!Compensation &
BenefitsSalary:Pay is commensurate with experience; geographic
differentials may apply.Benefit Plans:Our Rewards & Benefits
package not only gives you the total benefits you want, but also
goes above and beyond with innovative programs to develop your
skills - helping you grow and thrive at the American Heart
Association. To learn more about our benefit offerings please
visit: https://heart.jobs/rewards-and-benefits/The American Heart
Association's 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for
a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the
American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for
all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care
access and quality.At American Heart Association - American Stroke
Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to
both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to
heart health and stroke prevention.This position not a match with
your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.Be sure to
follow us on Twitter #TheAHALifeEOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with
DisabilitiesLocation US-TX-HoustonPosted Date 2 days ago (5/11/2022
4:51 PM)Requisition ID 2021-7675Job Category Field
CampaignsPosition Type Full TimeLocation: Houston, TX
Keywords: American Heart Association, Houston , Development Director, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!