Bilingual Banking Center Manager - Houston TX Nort
Company: PROSPERITY BANK
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Description How to apply: Please apply through Prosperity
Bank's Career Center at https://www.prosperitybankusa.com/Careers
and to find more job opportunities with our company.*A
pre-employment credit check will be run on all qualified
applicants.POSITION PURPOSEResponsible for directing and
administering the operational efforts of the banking center.
Ensures that established policies and procedures are followed.
Oversees provision of a full range of services to customers and
prospective customers. Ensures that customers are promptly and
professionally served. Trains, directs, and supervises lobby and
teller staff. Ensures banking center transactions, expenses, and
profitability are in line with Bank standards.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
AND BASIC DUTIES1. Assumes responsibility for the effective and
efficient performance of banking center operations.
- Supervises work scheduling and workflow of daily routine
- Ensures banking center security by ensuring all security
procedures are followed by associates.
- Ensures that operations are conducted in accordance with
established Bank policies and with legal and regulatory
- Ensures weekly logs are completed correctly.
- Insures monthly and quarterly audit requirements are met.
- Supervises and assists with customer service functions. Assists
in New Accounts and on Teller line as needed.
- Cross-sells Bank services.
- Implement changes to established policies and procedures within
the banking center.2. Assumes responsibility for maintaining proper
- Ensures that all banking center transactions are balanced at
the close of each day.
- Oversees individual accountability for the handling of cash and
assists Tellers in resolving balancing problems.
- Controls and handles daily deposits in accordance with
established policies and procedures.
- Periodically verifies cash in possession of Tellers and cash on
the premises. 3. Effectively supervises banking center staff,
ensuring optimal performance.
- Provides leadership through effective objective setting and
- Directly supervises lobby and teller staff. Ensures that high
quality work and efficiency in operations are maintained.
- Determines work methods and flow through assigning, directing,
coordinating, and reviewing tasks.
- Conducts regular meetings with banking center employees to
inform and train. Discusses areas needing improvement and changes
- Ensures that personnel are well trained in all phases of their
respective jobs. Completes orientation of new employees in overall
banking center procedures. Performs cross training as necessary.
Conducts security training.
- Ensures that personnel are effective and optimally used.
- Tracks individual progress and conducts performance appraisals.
Formulates and implements corrective actions as needed. Recommends
promotions for associates as appropriate. Provides leadership
training to associates seeking management opportunities.
- Approves all sick leave, vacation, overtime, and time sheets
for each banking center associate. Keeps accurate payroll and
attendance records.4. Assumes responsibility for establishing and
maintaining effective, professional business relations with
- Ensures that customer's' requests and questions are promptly
resolved. Handles customer's complaints.
- Ensures that customers are informed of Bank services and
policies. Counsels customers regarding their financial needs and
- Ensures that the Bank's quality reputation is maintained and
projected. 5. Assumes responsibility for the effective
administration of banking center functions.
- Ensures that banking center operations are well
- Insure deposit growth of the bank.
- Establish sales goals/incentives to coincide with goals of the
- Direct, coach and lead staff's participation in sales goals and
- Manages and oversees expenses. Pursues cost-saving
- Continually seeks ways to improve banking center operations and
productivity to meet established goals.
- Prepares periodic banking center activity reports and makes
recommendations to management for improvements.
- Ensures that proper maintenance and general housekeeping of the
building, grounds, work areas, desks, and equipment is carried out,
including snow and ice removal.
- Ensures that adequate supplies, forms, and equipment are
available for personnel.
- Institutes prudent safety measures.
- Keeps management informed of banking center activities,
progress toward established objectives, and of any significant
problems. Requests assistance when necessary.6. Assumes
responsibility for related functions as required or assigned.
- Fills in and performs duties in banking center positions as
- Attends assigned training sessions and stays current on new
operational procedures PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS
- Banking center services are efficiently and effectively
delivered in accordance with established Bank policies and
- Current customer accounts are maintained or expanded, and
additional ones solicited. Good business relationships exist with
customers and their questions and problems are promptly
- Banking center personnel are well trained and efficient, and
their activities well-coordinated.
- Required reports and records are accurate and timely.
- Management is appropriately informed of area activities and of
any significant problems. Suggestions are provided for improved
efficiency or effectiveness in operations.
- Good working relationships exist with banking center personnel.
Assistance is provided as needed.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and manage team through training, developing, and coaching
associates on a consistent basis
- Encourage others to set challenging goals and high standards of
- Inspire associates to define new opportunities and continuously
improve the organization
- Celebrate and reward significant achievements of
- Present logical and persuasive case for proposals and
- Assist team in addressing their individual strengths and
development needsQUALIFICATIONSEducation/Certification: Associate
degree in business or a related field, or an equivalent combination
of training and work experience.Required Knowledge:
Bilingual-Spanish Thorough knowledge of Bank services and
products.Understanding of related legal and regulatory
requirements.Familiarity with Branch functions, policies, and
procedures.Experience Required: Minimum three years related
experience in a financial institution, with a minimum of two years
supervisory experience.Skills/Abilities: Strong interpersonal,
leadership, and supervisory skills.Well organized. Ability to
operate related computer applications and related business
equipment.Attention to detail.Ability to maintain an effective and
Keywords: PROSPERITY BANK, Houston , Bilingual Banking Center Manager - Houston TX Nort, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!