Company: Calculated Hire
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Project Manager 6-month ongoing contract Remote Under general
supervision, oversees the planning, execution, and completion of
small to medium-sized Technology projects and assumes
responsibility for custom software development projects,
implementation of out of the box solutions, and enhancements to
existing software. Works in a matrixed environment and will own and
lead a diverse set of technology resources for the duration of the
project. Communicates project status to Senior and Executive
Technology Leadership and will be ultimately responsible for
project success. Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be
- The project manager will be supporting a Business functional
workstream that is developing a new version of existing Business
processes and applications.
- The Project Manager will need to quickly come up to speed on
the Business processes, learn the jargon, and understand what
exactly the project is trying to do as quickly as possible.
- Drives all project activities through the Systems Development
Life Cycle (SDLC), effectively applying various project
methodologies and enforcing project standards, to ensure quality
and successful on-time, on-budget delivery of their
- Under supervision of Senior Leadership, assembles project
teams, assigns individual responsibilities, develops project
schedules and determines and acquires resources needed.
- Assists in communicating the business case to project team to
assist with decision making and prioritization; keeps business case
at fore-front to drive decisions.
- Acts as liaison between technology/business stakeholders and
Senior Leadership on project status, issues and risks.
- Creates and maintains project plans and ensures effective
financial forecasting and tracking.
- Interfaces with other technology and business organizations to
reach agreement on scope, obtain resources and ensure proper
- Reviews and evaluates work to ensure quality, timeliness and
adherence to organizational policies and procedures.
- 3-5 years of managing projects, 3 years running
- Experience in owning the Business deliverables of a development
program, and ability to manage and peer with similar technical
- Be able to generate reports, develop progress metrics, find
issues/problems in processes and bring them to the team for
- Can lead or support a scrum team, manage daily stand ups,
retros, spring backlog grooming, sprint reviews, and support demos
every 2 weeks
- Knows how to work with Jira, and run ceremonies, and reporting
out of Jira
- Understands they are on the Business side of the development
team, and will not own the technical application delivery
- Will be working with Senior Business subject matter experts,
and be able to keep up with them
- In depth experience creating and presenting slide decks
(PowerPoint) Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required:
- Intermediate knowledge or skills in one or more of the
- Managing multiple projects, in various stages of the SDLC, at
- Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) methodology
(specifically in Guide Five and Nine, Waterfall).
- Agile Project Management methodologies.
- Leading infrastructure-related projects such as network
upgrades, hardware procurement, core Technology application
deployments (such as email upgrades), and deployment and/or
- Aiding in definition of systems strategy, developing systems
requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training,
defining support procedures, and implementing practical business
solutions under multiple deadlines.
- Presenting, communicating and articulating effectively to all
levels of the organization (including technical and non-technical
audiences, Senior Leadership, VPs and C-Level Executives).
- Ability to interface with senior-level stakeholders in both
Information Technology and the business units to partner on project
scope, risk mitigation and issue resolution.
- Understanding all aspects of the IT Governance and
- Ability to create, own and present executive level
presentations or communications. Education:
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business
Administration or similar area of study. Three years of project
management experience required. An additional four years of related
experience may substitute for the Bachelor's degree.
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree and at least 3-5 years of project
management experience with two years of increasing
responsibilities. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other
- Preferred: Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate
and/or Agile Certification.
Keywords: Calculated Hire, Houston , Project Manager, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!