Magnolia Trails Director (Memory Care Program Director)
Company: Capital Senior Living
Posted on: September 24, 2022
About Capital Senior Living Dallas-based Capital Senior Living
Corporation is one of the nation's leading operators of independent
living, assisted living and memory care communities for senior
adults. The Company currently operates 88 communities that are home
to nearly 7,000 residents across 20 states providing compassionate,
resident-centric services and care and engaging programming. The
Company offers seniors the freedom and opportunity to successfully,
comfortably and happily age in place. For more information, visit
www.capitalsenior.com or connect with the Company on Facebook.
Rosemont Assisted Living and Memory Care, located in Humble, TX, is
seeking a Magnolia Trails Director. The Magnolia Trails Director
will report to the Executive Director and will be responsible for
day-to-day operations of the community and specifically for
Magnolia Trails. Understands positive dementia care and has
hands-on experience working with individuals living with dementia.
Assures compliance with all laws, rules, regulations, policies, and
procedures. Oversight of property management, Employee Partner
administration, and provision of Resident services. Promotes the
company's mission and philosophy.
- Assures implementation of policies and procedures relating to
Memory Care resident care.
- Ensures the community follows the Magnolia Trails Guidelines
- Supervises and assists in provision of all Resident services,
including the coordination of those provided by independently
contracted ancillary health care providers as requested by
Residents and families.
- Assists in the Social History Assessments (Decades
Questionnaire) and outlines life enrichment programming through
these assessments to include meetings with residents and families
and implementation and follow up with Employee Partners and
volunteers on life enrichment programming.
- Creates calendar for resident programming if there is not a
Magnolia Program Manager and works with the Magnolia Program
Manager if there is one to create a calendar.
- Oversees Magnolia Program
- Works alongside the Wellness Director.
- Trains staff in dementia-friendly practices, based off
Capital's monthly dementia training topic. Ensures all staff go
through initial training.
- Assists Residents to participate in self-governance activity
through Resident council and committee meetings.
- Acts as an advocate for Residents and maintains communication
with designated agents as requested and required.
- Assures quality of Resident services.
- Assures a high degree of customer satisfaction at residence.
Promptly investigates complaints and reports findings and
appropriate recommendations to the Executive Director. Ensures
follow-up communication occurs to complainant and that
substantiated complaints are resolved to reasonable satisfaction of
- Ensures compliance with all rules and regulations related to
Resident care (i.e. HIPAA, State Regulations and OSHA,
- Maintains a professional demeanor with all Residents, their
families, co-workers and the public.
- Participates with the management team in the recruitment,
interviewing, hiring, supervision, evaluation, and disciplinary
process of community Employee Partners.
- Participates with the management team in assuring the
availability of qualified, appropriately trained community Employee
- Assists in orientation and training of community Employee
- Assures Employee Partners' adherence to all policies and
procedures, all work, safety, and administrative rules.
- Promotes the company's mission and philosophy.
- Maintains a professional demeanor with all Employee
- Administrates, coordinates, and directs all activities in
accordance with policies and procedures.
- Assures safety and security of community's contents and
inhabitants (Residents, Employee Partners and visitors).
- Assures proper use of equipment/supplies.
- Maintains and provides all data as requested,
- Will be on call; arranges appropriate coverage when absent from
community or unavailable to respond to emergencies.
- Assures that adverse findings by company Quality reviews or
state surveyors are promptly corrected and remain in
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Must have at least one year experience working in a similar
role with responsibilities related to program operations for memory
- Effective supervisory skills.
- Ability to communicate and work with all levels of the
company's Employee Partners effectively.
- Ability to recognize and communicate problems
- Ability to relate to the public, Residents, families, Employee
Partners, and other professionals appropriately.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and provide information as
requested and required.
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English, verbally and in
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet requirements of the job
and be on call.
- Maintains car in good working order, current driver's license
in good standing and auto insurance meeting company minimums is
- CPR certified.
- Ability to teach/train others effectively.
Keywords: Capital Senior Living, Houston , Magnolia Trails Director (Memory Care Program Director), Executive , Humble, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!