Assistant Nurse Manager, Cardio Vascular Operating Room - TMC at Memorial Hermann Health System
Posted on: September 24, 2022
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Assistant Nurse Manager position to cover the PreOp, PACU, and OR
Job Profile Summary
Position responsible for supporting the Nurse Manager in providing
leadership to the department - overseeing the daily operations -
managing and developing departmental staff, collaborating with the
interdisciplinary team in the delivery of patient care, utilizing
the nursing process, ensuring the delivery of quality care to
patients. Position responsible for 24/7 (as appropriate) support of
the department/unit. Typically reports to a Manager, Nursing or
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care appropriate to the patient served. Must demonstrate
knowledge of the principles of growth and development as it relates
to the different life cyclesJob Description
Education: Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Nursing. If
Bachelor's is not in Nursing, a Master's degree in Nursing is
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to
practice professional nursing required
- Certification in Basic Life Support required
- Professional certification in clinical area or management
required within one year of exam eligibility
- Three (3) or more years of experience in clinical area of
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Assists with the deployment of departmental goals that support
the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Assist leadership with managerial responsibilities.
- Carries out the day to day operational components of the unit
that are delegated by the manager/director, including input on
- Plans, coordinates, and directs effective coordination of care
between units, nurses and providers. Assists with the development
of staff schedules.
- Performs effectively in emergency situations within the unit.
Assists with patient care as needed.
- Serves as a resource to staff. Acts as a mentor/coach to staff,
medical personnel, patients and family members.
- Assists in guiding staff in quality improvement efforts for all
- Assures all PI or quality standards are met on a daily basis.
Participates in PI projects annually.
- Identifies and provides verbal disciplinary action. Provides
counseling and remediation with staff as needed. May provide
written disciplinary action in collaboration with leadership.
- Works with personnel to assure staff have access to and are
appropriately utilizing supplies
- Provides input to Nurse Manager/Director on budget
- Promotes intra/interdepartmental communication.
- Strong orientation to service excellence.
- Ensure clinical care is aligned with evidence-based
- Leadership rounds on patients.
- Responds to customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Identifies high risk social situations and addresses
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Confidential, Houston , Assistant Nurse Manager, Cardio Vascular Operating Room - TMC at Memorial Hermann Health System, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!