Payroll and Benefits Manager
Company: Verge Mobile - a T-Mobile Premium Partner
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Overview:#Integrity #Acheivers #OwnIt #Connection
#LimitlessGrowth #SeriousFun #WeAreVergeWe are currently searching
for a Payroll and Benefits Manager with expensive multi-state and
multi-unit payroll management experience. The role will support a
growing 1000+ team member organization in supervising the payroll
function, payroll process improvement, and payroll system
integration.Responsibilities:The roles and responsibilities include
but are not limited to:
- Supervisor, train, and coach the payroll team members
- Oversee and manage multiple payroll cycles (commission,
bi-weekly, weekly, and off-cycle)
- Maintains and reviews all payroll processing systems to ensure
timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including
salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates
including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll
- Completes internal payroll audits by providing records and
- Process and/or assign the accurate processing of levies, liens,
- Reviews and submits 401K reporting by payroll, quarterly, and
- Report quarterly, yearly tax, and W-2 information
- Partners with the Human Resource Department on payroll
information required from unemployment claims, employment
verifications, and general employee questions.
- Coordinate with benefits agent on Open Enrollment and new
- Maintains all payroll operations according to company policies
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing
software, systems, and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll,
wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Performs other duties as assignedQualifications:
- 3-5 years Supervisory Experience
- Multi-state labor law knowledge
- 5 years California Labor Law - Preferred
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now payroll software.
- Required to be on-site Monday-Friday
- Work schedule 45+ hours a week
- 5 plus years of experience in payroll and benefit
- Industry experience - retail, hospitality, or
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Certified Payroll Professional - Preferred
- Proficient Excel Experience - Expert LevelCompetencies
- Exhibits a can-do attitude that is positive, supportive, and
- Must be detail oriented, thorough, accurate and efficiently
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively
across organizational boundaries to accomplish goals.
- Strong planning and organization skills; ability to multitask
and be a self-starter
- Organizational skills (prioritize, plan, assign, control).
- Prior Customer Services experience preferred.Verge Mobile
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed,
ethnicity, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity and expression, pregnancy, childbirth and
pregnancy-related medical conditions, marital status, national
origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran or
military status. In addition to federal law requirements, Verge
Mobile complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation, and training.
Keywords: Verge Mobile - a T-Mobile Premium Partner, Houston , Payroll and Benefits Manager, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!