Sr Project Manager - Space Systems
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and
manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design,
development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing
of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and
equipment for astronauts; including life support and environmental
control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and
biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch
vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support
services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA's Neutral
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on
Products & Services, then click Space Systems (OSS). This position
is located in Clear Lake, Texas.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Manage the full project of working with the NASA customer to
oversee development, build, and integration of the Gateway Ready
Avionics Integration Lab (GRAIL) Facility. The Lab is an avionics
hardware and software integration and test facility for formal
verification and validation of the function and performance of the
overall Gateway avionics system across all modules and
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the team of experts in the GRAIL two major areas: the
Test Operations Center (TOC) and the Avionics Test-Rig Area
- The Sr Project Manager will manage the project schedule,
procurement documentation, overall budget management
- including estimation within the company system and system
- Develop and support sub-project requirement and verification
- Manage the Project Team and perform issue management within the
- Work and present schedule and progress to both NASA JSC
Customer and Program Customer.
- Participate in Systems Requirements Reviews, Preliminary &
Critical Design Reviews, Technical Interchange Meetings, and peer
- Other duties as required.
- This position reports to the Program Manager
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school
and 8+ years of direct engineering experience, or a MS degree from
an accredited engineering school and 4+ years of direct engineering
experience, or Ph.D. and 2+ years of direct engineering
- Must have experience in a large integrated lab
- Must have minimum of 8+ years' experience with engineering
management and project management.
- Should excel at understanding flight project schedule and
modular hardware/software testing operations.
- Should excel at communication, risk management, scheduling,
budgeting, team management.
- Should excel at Microsoft Project.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills along with
the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S.
government background investigation.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited
- This is a multi-year fast paced schedule. Preferred candidate
to have option of working evenings and/or weekends as needed to
meet flight schedule as required.
- Past NASA experience or Military experience a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
or other non-merit factors.
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact employees,
workplaces, families and communities, many of Oceaneering's clients
are requiring that all individuals working at their sites be fully
vaccinated against the coronavirus, including employees of
Oceaneering and other contractors. Accordingly, only individuals
who are, or are willing to be, fully vaccinated before their start
date are eligible for this position. Any applicant selected for
this position will be required to prove that they are fully
vaccinated prior to their start date.
Keywords: Oceaneering, Houston , Sr Project Manager - Space Systems, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!