Company: Arena Aztec Shaffer
Posted on: November 26, 2022
1. General Purpose of the Position
The Project Manager is responsible for seeing their jobs are
executed in a manner consistent with the company's mission, namely,
to satisfy our customer's requirements, using our products and
services, in a manner such that our customers want to do business
with us year after year on a preferred basis.
To successfully accomplish this mission the Project Manager must
plan and manage the construction and dismantling of jobs for the
Division, as well as identify and report measurable metrics and
other pertinent business data. This position is also responsible
for ensuring that operational personnel adhere to and monitor all
proper safety and administrative policies and procedures as defined
by the company.
2. Qualifications for the Position
The person in this position must have excellent organization,
analytical, problem solving and planning skills. He or she must be
able to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the
company, with customers, and with others doing business with the
company. He or she must have project management experience, program
planning skills that allow them to coordinate multiple activities
in both sequence and in parallel, as well as budgeting experience.
This person should be able to perform the concepts and practices of
good project management as well as sound business decisions that
are in alignment with the company culture and objectives. He or she
must also be able to develop and implement strategies that can
directly impact the efficiency of the job.
3. Reporting Relationship of the Position
1. Position Reports to: The Project Manager reports to the
Operations Manager and is directly accountable to the Operations
Manager for the accomplishment of all responsibilities and duties
2. Positions Reporting to this Position
1. Assistant Project Manager
2. Field Office Administrator
3. Crew Field Leads and Field Crew
The Project Manager has the necessary authority to successfully
accomplish the duties and responsibilities of the position,
including the following:
1. Requesting operational staff within the labor budget as set
forth by the Operations Manager
2. Conduct corrective counseling and request termination
3. Recommend/Request merit increase or other compensation
4. Approve/Reject PTO requests through the Operations Manager
2. Purchasing and Expenses
1. Submit CAPEX purchase requisitions using the Procurement and
2. Purchase project budgeted incidentals per the Procurement and
Purchasing Policy. Approved items include:
PPE/Safety Compliance Equipment
1. Implement companywide policies and procedures relating to
2. Administer Operations Manager approved disciplinary actions and
corrective procedures for the company
3. This position has no authority to grant excepts to company
policies and procedures
5. Essential Requirements
Reasonable accommodation may be provided for those who are
1. Required: High School Diploma.
2. Licensing or Certificates
1. Required: Valid Driver's License
2. Preferred: PMP, 6-Sigma, or other project management program
1. Required: Minimum 1 years of increasingly responsible project
management or operational supervision experience with at least 1
year in a position of managing no less than four direct report
employees in an operational capacity.
2. Preferred: 1-3 years' experience in the event/equipment rental
or sporting event industry
4. Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
1. Must be able to develop, evaluate and interpret project plans
and reports along with identify critical paths and milestones
2. Must be able to communicate and work effectively with other
project managers, other department managers, and the Division
3. Must be able to identify and report schedule conflicts and
4. Must be able to communicate effectively with customer
representatives, vendors, outside professionals and employees at
all levels of the company.
5. Must be computer literate and understand the concepts and issues
involved in planning and managing computer resources.
6. Must have the ability to work towards and meet strict
7. Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Must
be able to switch from one project to the next with little or no
1. Body Positions
Sitting, standing, and walking
2. Body Movements
Must have a full range of body movements including the use of hands
and fingers, bending, squatting, crouching, and reaching over head.
Must be able to climb stairs and have the agility to negotiate the
company's office area or project sites.
Must have the full use of eyes, including close vision, the ability
to adjust focus and the ability see and differentiate colors shades
of colors and patterns.
Must be able to understand and perform basic cost and budgetary
equations necessary to perform purchasing and budgetary
English proficiency, both verbally and in writing, to communicate
effectively with clients, vendors, and other employees. Being
fluent in Spanish is a plus.
7. Working Conditions
Work will be performed primarily on non-climate-controlled project
job sites. Some areas may be difficult to navigate. This position
will require travel by private vehicle, company vehicle or
airplane, which entails routine traffic hazards. Majority overnight
travel and/or travel by air may be required.
Eight-to-ten-hour workdays are expected during the week, with
additional hours required as the workload and meeting schedules
dictate. This position deals with specific goals and strict
deadlines and may be stressful.
6. Responsibilities of the Position
The primary responsibilities of the Project Manager consist of, but
are not limited to the following:
1. Position Primary Responsibilities
1. Ensure all OSHA defined safety policies and procedures are
observed by crew
Managing the progress of on-going jobs, timely identify things that
cause schedule risk, and develop strategies that mitigate those
2. Coordinate labor resources, transportation, and lodging for the
job through the Operations Manager.
_1. Project Managers are not to purchase transportation or lodging
for field crew coming to, or leaving the job site without specific
approval from the Operations Manager _
3. Manage Change Orders by coordinating with Sales and the
Inventory Manager to ensure costs are captured and the change
requests are clearly documented per the Change Order Management
Policy and Procedure.
_1. Project managers are to receive approval from the Operations
Manager and/or Sales before they build, modify, or move any
structure in a way that deviates from the original Scope of Work.
2. Position Other Responsibilities
1. Provide the overall leadership and direction to the operational
execution of the job site while maintaining a work environment that
promotes productivity, cooperation, and accountability.
2. Attend and contribute to all required project meetings, to
include required pre-mobilization budget meetings, one during the
job, and one post-job wrap up meeting with all required resources
and documents. The following are due at the initial budgetary
meeting (minimum of 30 days prior to mobilization) with any
adjustments, changes, or additions mandatory at the final budgetary
meeting (minimum of 14 days prior to mobilization).
_1. Quotes and/or accurate estimates for materials _
_2. Quotes and/or accurate estimates for housing _
_3. Quotes and/or accurate estimates for sub-rentals _
_4. Quotes and/or accurate estimates for equipment rentals. _
3. Develop, monitor, and approve project build schedules as part of
the budgetary process and due before initial budget meeting
4. At the close of the job, ensure all rental equipment is returned
and outbound freight is offsite
5. Create accurate and valid manifests for all outbound freight and
send it to the Inventory Manager per the Inventory Manifest
6. Communicate inventory requirements and schedules with the
7. Ensure inventory shortages, loss/damage, or other irregularities
are reported to the Inventory Manager per Field Inventory
_1. This will also include verification of all manifests for
incoming shipments _
8. Coordinate with Sales to ensure customer expectations and Scope
of Work (SOW) is clearly defined and understood before job
9. Coordinate with the Operational Manager to create annual
forecast of inventory needs and shortages
10. Coordinate with Sales to develop budgets and costing models
based upon Scales of Effort for projected and existing jobs.
11. Communicate with customers and vendors as needed
12. Other duties as directed by the Operations Manager
3. Position Administrative Responsibilities
1. Provide active supervision to each of the positions reporting to
this position, including training, development of tools and
procedures, and accountability.
2. Ensure that a Policies & Procedure Book is on site, and it is
complete, contains clear, usable procedures, polices, forms and
checklists . click apply for full job details
Keywords: Arena Aztec Shaffer, Houston , Project Manager, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!