Tax Manager (Excise Tax)
Company: Neste Corporation
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Neste is a global company focusing on renewable products,
especially Renewable Diesel and Sustainable Aviation Fuel. The
company is in a growth phase pursuing a transformation to become a
global leader in renewable and circular solutions.
We are looking for a Tax Manager (Excise Tax) to join our team at
Neste's regional headquarters in Houston, Texas to be part of our
growth and new business opportunities here in the US.
We have a medium size global team of experts working in the Tax and
Customs area. The Tax Manager will be working closely with several
internal stakeholders and the tax authorities as well as partners.
You will report to the Group Indirect Tax Team located in Finland.
In the US you will work in close cooperation with the local Finance
In this position you will be responsible for excise tax matters in
the US and Americas.You will have an opportunity to work in an
international environment, be part of a rapidly growing company and
enjoy a collaborative office culture. You will be involved in
developing new processes and ways of working.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
* Implement and control the group level excise tax policies and
processes in the US and Americas as well as adapt and develop them
based on local and regional requirements.
* Provide excise tax guidance to sales, logistics and other
internal stakeholders, by using external service providers where
necessary, and support business in finding and implementing
compliant and workable solutions.
* Analyse new business models and scenarios from the excise tax
perspective and take required actions to ensure compliance.
* Participate in the implementation project of a tax engine.
* Design and develop processes and create and update
* Identify and implement solutions to mitigate excise tax
* Manage and develop relationships with government agencies and
other relevant external stakeholders.
* Coordinate excise tax audits and litigations in the US and
* Follow the development of legislation and requirements in the US
* Update and develop excise tax logic in the IT tools and
proactively identify opportunities for automation and
* Define and manage scalable excise tax processes to ensure
compliance and smooth implementation of new business models and
* Successful implementation of tax engine.
Required Skills / Abilities:
* Deep knowledge of US excise tax.
* Self-leadership skills and independent time management.
* Capability to define, manage and develop processes.
* Capability to research legal requirements based on business
* Can-do attitude, development mindset and skills.
* Team player flexibility and capability to cooperate in order to
achieve the common goal.
* Project management skills.
* Good negotiation and communication skills.
* A desire to develop and renew.
Education & Experience
* Master's degree or similar, preferably in taxation, law or
* At least 8 years of relevant experience from an audit, tax
consultancy, law firm, in-house excise tax function and/or
* Demonstrated experience in management of excise tax matters.
* Experience with tax engines.
* Experience with SAP and experience in IT-related development
and/or implementation is considered an asset.
The recruitment process will include interviews and aptitude
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required
to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and
to complete the required employment eligibility verification "Form
I-9" upon hire. This employer participates in E-Verify and will
provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to
confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Join us in creating a healthier planet for our children.
Our success is based on our people who are the driving force behind
Neste's transformation to become a global leader in renewable and
circular solutions. We are also committed to carbon neutral
production by 2035. The passion that we have for creating a
healthier planet for our children is what makes us unique.
We have set high standards for biodiversity, human rights and
supply chain. We have consistently been included in the Dow Jones
Sustainability Indices and the Global 100 list of the world's most
To carry out our strategy and business growth, our values guide our
work. We support, develop and take care of the wellbeing of our
people to enable them to grow, innovate and build our future.
We care. We have courage. We cooperate.
Neste's strategy is called ''Faster, Bolder and Together'. It
reflects the understanding that there is no time to lose in
combating climate change or helping to tackle the waste plastic
challenge. In order to succeed, we need to act, innovate new
solutions and deliver them faster and bolder than ever before -
In the end, it is the people who make the company. We are
For more information, please visit
Keywords: Neste Corporation, Houston , Tax Manager (Excise Tax), Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!