Manager Transportation Contract Services
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Basic Function The Manager of Transportation Contract Services
will manage various transportation contracts related to Contracted,
Paratransit and Micro Transit Services. Responsible for ensuring
commuters receive quality transportation services and serves as the
primary point of contact in resolving contract service issues.
Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with
all applicable rules and safety procedures.Responsibilities and
- Provides primary managerial direction and performs personnel
administrative functions of direct report staff (e.g., training,
supervising, work assignments, timesheets, performance evaluations,
etc.) for the purpose of maintaining necessary staffing, enhancing
productivity of staff, and ensuring necessary department outcomes
- Confirms the terms and agreements specified within contracts to
ensure commuters receive quality transportation services. Act as
primary point of contact to assist with resolving service issues
involving contracted services.
- Schedules quarterly meetings with contractors to discuss
contract and project compliance.
- Works with METRO's Procurement department in the preparation
and negotiation of service provider contracts. Create scope of
services, specifications, and auxiliary Contract Articles, such as
Performance Standards and Liquidated Damages.
- Works with other METRO internal departments for clarification
or problems with contractors, patrons' service concerns and
implementation of service changes as it relates to contracted
- Evaluates contractor performance of service delivery by
developing and operating documentation systems.
- Establishes working relationships with contractors/service
providers to ensure the compliance of contracts while maintaining
excellent public relations.
- Investigate service-related issues raised by the public or
supervisory personnel and address, accordingly.
- Ensures governmental policies are followed and services
continue. Report as specified.
- Works with various third parties (internal/external resources)
to ensure the successful execution of projects. Create written
documents for projects that are assigned and make recommendations,
accordingly, to appropriate personnel.
- Informs management of any pertinent project issues and
escalate, if needed.
- Measures project performance using project management software
or other tools and techniques needed to complete task.
- Ensures project due dates are maintained and follow-up with
changes and/or delays.
- Ensures that all projects are within scope, within budget, and
- Provide excellent customer service to METRO internal and
- Promote safety awareness and follows safety procedures to
reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned. Education
Requirement High school or GED required. Bachelor's degree in
Business Administration, Public Administration, or related degree
is strongly preferred.
Keywords: METRO, Houston , Manager Transportation Contract Services, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!