Registered Nurse Manager Emergency Room
Company: HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Description Introduction Do you have the career opportunities as
a(an) Registered Nurse Manager Emergency Room you want in your
current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you -
at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an
exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball
which is a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare
services, HCA Healthcare. Benefits HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball,
offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life,
career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the
forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human
life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a
voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils,
vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our
multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball! Job Summary and Qualifications What
you will do in this role:
- Supports the mission, goals, and objectives of the
- Functions as Nurse Manager on all shifts when delegated as
- Models a culture of outstanding customer service for employees,
patients, families, and physicians. Displays positive customer
- Responsible and accountable for nursing care rendered to
patients and families within the Emergency Department based upon
the nursing process - assessing, planning, implementing and
evaluating patient care is in compliance with hospital policies and
- Responsible for coordinating and integrating interdepartmental
and intradepartmental services.
- Communicates with CNO, administrator on site (AOS), Nurse
Director, Nurse Manager and Assistant Nurse Managers regarding
patient care, staff conflicts and unusual occurrences
- Recommends and assists in the selection of a sufficient number
of qualified and competent personnel to provide care and
- Maintains the Performance Improvement activities of the
department as appropriate.
- Responsible for orienting, in-service training, and continuing
education for all staff within the Emergency Department.
- Determines and ensures the competence of all staff members is
assessed, maintained, demonstrated, and improved on an ongoing
- Maintains and coordinated evaluations of staff in timely
- Maintains good departmental relationships and effectively
communicates with patients, families, physicians and c-workers with
appropriate referrals to the department director as
- Maintains accurate time and attendance through the payroll
- Maintains accuracy of EMTALA Log and ED Dashboard
- Coordinates and ensures daily staffing ratios appropriate for
the provision of care with the departmental standard.
- Supports the provision of patient care through supply
management and Point of Use Compliance.
- Maintains and improves own professional knowledge.
- Must meet the position requirements for the Assistant Nurse
Manger in the Emergency Department.
- Assists in continuous assessment and performance improvement
program in adult ED and the Pedi ED all related nursing audits for
QA program, including eMar reports.
What qualifications you will need:
- Current Texas Licensure with State Board of Nurse
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) required
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BLCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric
Advanced Life Support Course (PALS) and certification required or
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)
- At least 5 years of Emergency Department experience with 2
years management experience within the Emergency Department
preferred.This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations
(unless a medical or religious exemption is approved). HCA Houston
Healthcare Tomball has provided quality healthcare to Tomball,
Magnolia and Northwest Houston communities since 1948. Fully
accredited by The Joint Commission, our 350+ bed hospital is on a
150-acre campus that features designated specialty centers: The
Orthopedic Center, The Women's Center, the Heart and Vascular
Center and the Texas Sports Medicine Center. Our services include a
Level III Trauma Center, advanced robotic surgery program with 24/7
service, Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Center,
comprehensive Women's Services and Labor & Delivery unit with Level
II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), orthopedic care including
joint replacement, and much more. We are committed to providing
quality healthcare while making a difference in our patients'
lives. Through exceptional technology and specialized medical
staff, area residents receive a full range of medical services,
close to home. We are members of HCA Houston Healthcare, the most
comprehensive family of hospitals in the region and part of the
leading provider of healthcare in the country, HCA Healthcare.
Together we are stronger, smarter and more accessible in providing
the patient-centered care you need close to home. HCA Healthcare
has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by
the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA
Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery
of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses. "Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do." -
Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If this opportunity is your next step in
your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Registered
Nurse Manager Emergency Room opening. We review all applications.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We
are interviewing apply today! We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball, Houston , Registered Nurse Manager Emergency Room, Executive , Tomball, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...