Epic IT Consulting Manager
Company: BDO Seidman , LLP
Posted on: March 19, 2023
BDO's Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
Consulting Manager will provide clients healthcare consulting services by assessing the client's business needs, recommending and implementing Epic and operational solutions, and managing deliverables to timeline and budget. Position reflects industry experience in a hospital or practice setting with the Epic Electronic Health Record (EHR) system.
- Bachelor's degree, required; focus in Information Technology or Information Systems, preferred; OR eight (8) or more years of industry experience with EHR/Practice Management vendor systems, required
- Three (3) years of Epic build/optimization experience, required
- Five (5) years of healthcare industry experience, with a vendor or consulting organization, or within a large provider-based delivery system, required
- Experience with EHR vendor systems such as Cerner, athenaIDX, Allscripts, preferred
- Epic Certification, required
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint skills, required
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Visio, required
- Proficient in SharePoint, preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Executive presence, with the ability to act as primary contact on assigned engagements
- Interpersonal - able to establish and maintain effective, professional relationships with all levels of client staff including senior leadership, BDO employees and the general public
- Presentation - able to communicate information professionally and formally to client through meetings and written presentations
- Leadership - proven ability to proactively lead and develop team to reach project goals and objectives
- Independence - proven ability to manage small to medium projects including development of scope, project plan and timeline, status reports, and other tools to ensure successful client engagements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Strong analytical and advanced research skills related to industry trends, market competition and technology
- Solid organizational skills, especially the ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the Firm and with clients
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and client personnel
- Ability to encourage a team environment on engagements, and contribute to the professional development of assigned personnel
- Travel may be an essential requirement for this position (dependent on client requirements) and could require a commitment of up to 100% travel.
Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dallas, Detroit, Greater Philadelphia, Greater Washington D.C - Potomac, Greater Washington D.C. - McLean, Indianapolis, Madison, Memphis, Miami, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Nashville, Orlando, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Raleigh, St. Louis
Keywords: BDO Seidman , LLP, Houston , Epic IT Consulting Manager, Executive , Houston, Texas
here to apply!