Company: Harris County Dept of Education
Posted on: May 28, 2023
* Direct and supervise all aspects of the daily operations of the Head Start center. Ensure compliance with all HCDE policies, division procedures, Head Start Program Performance Standards, Child Care Licensing Minimum Standards and other local, state and federal regulations.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field
* Ability to meet the required director qualifications as stated in the minimum standards for Child Day Care Operations by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
* Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Ability to use a variety of software, including Microsoft Office Suite
* Minimum of five years teaching and/or administrative experience in a child development center or Head Start program, with increasing levels of job responsibilities
* Experience as a childcare center director preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
* Provide leadership and supervision to the center staff, foster teamwork, and encourage active involvement in implementing the HCDE Head Start mission, vision and values.
* Work in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams and with community partners.
* Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical and responsible.
* Maintain confidentiality of information.
* Supervise the maintenance, repair, safety and security of the Head Start facility, materials and equipment to ensure a safe and healthy environment for Head Start children, families and staff.
* Ensure that all Head Start deadlines are met including 45-day screening, ongoing assessments, 90-day case management, etc.
* Implement ongoing recruitment, enrollment and monitoring of student attendance and waitlist to ensure full enrollment and student participation throughout the school year.
* Conduct ongoing center monitoring and audits to ensure compliance with Head Start Performance Standards, HCDE procedures, Child Care Licensing Minimum Standards and other local, state and federal regulations.
* Implement the center budget in accordance with budgetary guidelines.
* Maintain all Child Care and Adult Food Program (CACFP) records accurately to ensure full reimbursement.
* Maintain information in the Head Start databases.
* Review, analyze and interpret Head Start monitoring reports to lead center-based decision-making.
* Disseminate and share program information with center staff in a consistent and documented manner including center staff meetings and Center-based Management Team meetings.
* Effectively identify, document and respond to staff performance issues, including needs for professional development and/or disciplinary action.
* Meet Head Start's in-kind goals established for the center.
* Participate in the development of handbooks, procedures, monitoring and other operational duties as assigned if managing a site with less than three classrooms.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Harris County Dept of Education, Houston , Campus Manager, Executive , Houston, Texas
here to apply!