Branch Sales Manager
Posted on: November 18, 2023
2421 Black Gold Court, Houston, Texas 77073
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our
associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud,
dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and
professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an
employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
Responsible for the development and performance of all sales
activities within an assigned TruGreen branch. Staffs and leads a
sales team to boost sales volume and maximize profit keeping in
mind the TruGreen Commitment. Develops strategies to expand the
customer base in the local marketing area.
1. Develops branch-level sales plans and forecasts. Ensures
effective control of sales results to be certain that the
achievement of sales objectives is within designated budgets.
2. Assists in the execution of marketing programs (door-to-door,
direct mail, inside, outside) to ensure the profit growth and
expansion of TruGreen's services. Shares local market knowledge and
customer experiences with TruGreen Marketing.
3. Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads,
based on information from direct mail and other advertisements,
community activities, trade shows, and business seminars, and other
resources. Assists in closing sales as needed.
4. Works to resolve customer complaints regarding sales and
service. Analyzes and distributes new sale cancellation requests in
an attempt to retain customers.
5. Plans and conducts on-going training for sales personnel in
customer service skills, selling techniques, and safety policies
6. Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and
expedites workflow. Tracks hourly, daily, weekly, sales
efficiencies of each salesperson.
7. Develops, implements, and maintains performance standards,
measurements, and corrective devices through which approved plans
and goals are accomplished within the sales organization.
8. Ensures recruiting, interviewing and staffing of personnel are
conducted to efficiently staff the sales function. Evaluates staff
performance, makes salary recommendations, and administers
disciplinary actions consistent with company policy.
Education and Experience Requirements
* Bachelor's degree or 2 - 3 years of related experience in the
lawn/horticulture agronomic field required, or an equivalent
combination of education and experience
* 1-2 years of supervisory experience required
* 2-3 years of outside sales experience required
* Certificates, licenses, and registrations as required by federal
and state law
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Demonstrated knowledge of the organization, products, and/or
* Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and
* Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, percentages, and volume
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure
manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, specialists, customers, and the
* Ability to define customer problems, collect data, establish
facts, and draw valid conclusions
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
* Other required knowledge skills and abilities include but are not
limited to: Attention to Detail, Organizational skills,
Adaptability, and Flexibility.
* Computer skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Regularly required to:
* Sit or stand
* Walk on uneven surfaces or climb stairs for extended periods of
* Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
* Speak and hear
* Use vision abilities for close, distance, color, peripheral,
depth, and focus
* Lift up to 25 lbs independently
Occasionally required to:
* Lift or move up to 50 lbs with assistance
* Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
* Moderate to loud
* Subject to outdoor weather conditions which may include extreme
cold, extreme heat, or wet conditions
* Subject to exposure to animals and insects
Regular and punctual attendance to ensure customer service,
teamwork and maintain quality standards.
Ability to speak, read and write fluently in English is
You MUST BE physically located in the United States while
performing this job.
$57,733.00 - $96,220.00
This range is based on the qualifications necessary for the
position, including experience, training, and other considerations
permitted by law. Factors that may be used when making an offer may
include a candidate's skills, experience, and geographic location,
the expected quality and quantity of work, and internal pay
alignment, as needed. Most candidates will start in the bottom half
of the pay range. The upper end of the range will generally be
reserved for candidates with extensive experience. An employee's
pay history will not be a contributing factor where prohibited by
local law. In addition to monetary compensation, we offer benefits,
including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance and Company-matching
401(k) in addition to other programs and perks.
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage
diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities. To learn more, Click Here or to request an
application accommodation, Click Here .
California Residents: for information on personal data we collect
as part of the application process, Click Here .
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
To view our disclaimer,
Keywords: TruGreen, Houston , Branch Sales Manager, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!