Business Development Manager, E&I
Company: Vallourec - North America
Posted on: November 18, 2023
The Business Development Manager is responsible for searching
leads, identifying business opportunities, and materializing sales
to increase company revenue and profits. They will build a strategy
to develop opportunities that could include new products for the
Industrial manufacturing sector including pricing, volume,
profitability, market share, and competitive landscape. The BDM
will continue to grow our Industry product line in North America
(USA, Canada, and Mexico) for all manufacturing technologies (HRT,
Forged, Cold Drawn, Profiled, etc.) from all production sites (USA,
Brazil, France, and China). For this to happen, internal
discussions with Engineering, Logistics, Sales Managers and Tech
Sales Managers will be required, as well as discussions with
external parties responsible for Procurement, Operations,
Logistics, Process, and Product Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Research potential clients, arrange meetings, visit their
respective manufacturing sites.
- Gather strategic information (competitors, potential demand,
market share, current pains, added value, key people).
- Develop a commercial strategy (price, logistics, specs,
- Follow-up the quotations and timelines of the new
- Regularly follow up with prospects.
- Manage relationship with buyers and follow-up on customer
- Maintain accurate records in our CRM tool of all potential
client interactions. Competency:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
- Demonstrated outstanding courtesy and strong interpersonal
skills in all customer interactions.
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction, loyalty, and follow up;
established customer-centric culture of communication,
collaboration, and accountability resulting in top tier
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops
alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving
situations; Works well in an international and culturally diverse
environment; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Self-motivated, team player with daily focus on goals
- Observation of safety and security procedures; determine
appropriate action beyond guidelines; report potentially unsafe
- Passionate about learning new technologies, new markets, and
new revenue streams. Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have excellent written, verbal, analytical, teamwork, and
- Customer service background desired (sales, inside sales, tech
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks efficiently and
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work load and meet
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; knowledge of MS
Office products, i.e. Word and Excel.
- Advanced organizational skills to allow for the easy retrieval
of files and documents.
- Excellent customer relations skills. Education/Experience:
- 4-year degree in technical and/or commercial field
- 3-5 years of experience in sales, technical sales, and/or
commercial capacity in industrial manufacturing sector.
- Previous experience in industrial distribution or metal service
center or similar is a plus.
- Commercial, corporate strategy, and/or marketing experience in
Industry sector preferred. Travel Requirements:
- This position will require 30% international and domestic
travel. Supervisory Responsibilities:
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Keywords: Vallourec - North America, Houston , Business Development Manager, E&I, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!