Company: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Goodyear Talent Acquisition Representative: Emily Quinn
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
About the Position
This position will be responsible for developing and leading the
implementation of programs designed to improve Total Productive
Maintenance in the Houston Chemical Plant. The individual will
perform all duties in a manner to support the plant's safety,
environmental, quality, and reliability standards. The individual
will also be the plant's resource of new technology, standards and
practices in the maintenance and reliability field and profession.
Coordination and communication with many of the plant's
organizations; operations, maintenance, engineering, etc. are
critical to the success of the plant's reliability. Track's
engineering expense & capital budgeting to meet project forecast
for assigned projects. Assist other various departments to
guarantee proper design, installation, modification &
maintainability of new & existing plant equipment, buildings &
- Ability to execute capital projects through their entire
lifecycle including but not limited to initiation, scope of work,
risk assessments, budget, engineering/design, procurement,
construction execution, commissioning, startup, and closure.
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints to
- Review engineering documentation, vendor submittals,
fabrication drawings and other submittals for compliance with
engineering drawings, specifications, good engineering practice,
and project objectives.
- Manage and lead the root cause analysis for all major equipment
failures and as directed by plant leadership.
- Oversee the Planning and Scheduling of plant maintenance
activities in a weekly plant scheduling meeting and manage the
plant's turnaround work.
- Manage maintenance and asset reports with the plant's
Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP).
- Oversee the plant's Predictive Maintenance Program; Oil
Analysis, Thermography, Vibration Analysis, Thermography, and
- Develop and implement a Precision Maintenance program with the
- Develop and implement an Operator Driven Reliability Program
with the operations department.
- Incorporate the plants equipment criticality process into a
formal RCM program.
- Assist maintenance and engineering in eliminating difficult or
- Additional programs will include on line predictive
technologies, asset life cycle analysis, and repair - replace
- Coordinate Six Sigma and Lean initiatives in the maintenance
area for the plant.
- Coordinate the training and development of maintenance
- Support safety culture and awareness in accordance with
existing safety policies that result in zero chemical exposure,
- Participate in root cause investigations and develop/track key
performance indicators (KPI's) to improve work performance.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree or in lieu of degree 10 or more years if
experience in engineering/maintenance management in an industrial
- 5 or more years experience in engineering/maintenance
management in an industrial environment.
- 3 or more years of experience with equipment design, project
engineering, plant management preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in maintenance preferred.
- Experience leading and influencing others in a maintenance,
engineering, and contract labor environment, preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of TPM, preventive and predictive
maintenance techniques and their application.
- Experience in implementing reliability centered maintenance
- Knowledge of the design and maintenance of rotating,
reciprocating and fixed equipment.
- Project management specifically capital projects
- Exposure to cross functional areas such as: Planning,
scheduling, tracking, evaluation, and reporting.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively & present information, both
verbally & written at all levels of organization.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations, state of the art safety
practices and governmental regulations/practices.
- Must have knowledge of industry standards such as NFPA, OSHA,
ASME, API, etc. & be able to problem solve.
- Solid understanding of rotating equipment, centrifuges, pumps,
and agitators, pump curves & piping systems, machine design &
process design including blueprint reading, process flow diagrams,
piping & instrumentation diagrams.
- Ability to understand electrical or mechanical diagrams.
- Broad knowledge of fundamentals and good knowledge of
principles and practices in project management and drafting.
- Advanced time management and analytical skills.
- Ability to use appropriate computer-based technology including
Microsoft tools, interpret & create technical CAD drawings &
- Training in or knowledge of PSM mechanical integrity and
project management. High mechanical aptitude.
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs
about 72,000 people and manufactures its products in 55 facilities
in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in
Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop
state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and
performance standard for the industry. For more information about
Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regards to that individual's race, color,
religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online
application, or any other part of the employment process, please
contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity
laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
Keywords: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company, Houston , Maintenance Manager, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!