Commercial Pricing Manager
Company: Oceaneering International
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Pricing Manager will work across the IMDS organization to
establish methodologies and standard work practices for pricing
products and services to allow Oceaneering to increase profit while
staying competitive in the markets and regions where we choose to
operate and compete for new business. The Pricing Manager will work
closely with business unit sales, commercial, product development,
finance, and marketing teams to determine how to effectively price
company products and services. The Pricing Manager will have
ownership of the ongoing IMDS pricing initiative, gather data,
analyze data and report on results.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The role is to develop methods and maintain best in class
standards for pricing while taking into consideration product life
cycle and market dynamics.
- Lead and direct pricing strategy formulation and recommend
necessary pricing actions to enhance profitability, ensuring
integrity and accuracy in all pricing matters.
- Assist with pricing negotiations of customers' proposals and
prepare clearly defined BAFO (Best and Final Offers).
- Work closely with the commercial teams to develop and implement
effective contract clauses, terms and conditions in proposals and
- Conduct presentations and field research regarding market pricing
strategies and best practices. This also requires identifying the
going rates for similar products in the industry in order to remain
- Perform financial evaluation to assess pricing action
- Define new business procedures, evaluate resource requirements
and stimulate implementation or maintenance of pricing systems per
segment or business unit.
- Help establish and manage pricing procedures, enhance processes
to make most of efficiencies and ensure timely response to market
- Partnering with sales, business development and product managers
to ensure an integrated profit maximizing approach to the
- Analyze financial impact of price approach in view of overall
product or service history as well as profitability of
- Where appropriate, work with segments to establish price lists or
price books for products and services.
- Assists with Cross Business Group Commercial proposals where
ratification of approach and pricing is required.
- Coordinates the effective implementation of commercial targets
and KPI's to measure commercial performance.
- Coordinate identification of value propositions and go to market
for new product lines.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Sales Engineering
or related area required.
- Ten (10+) plus years of related experience
- Demonstrated experience leading a sales organization
- Master's degree in business administration preferred.
- Ten (10+) plus years of experience in the Oil & Gas industry
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Ability to act as a change agent
- Business Acumen with great leadership abilities
- Communication Proficiency with a customer/client focus
- Results Driven mentality
- Strong Strategic Thinking skills
- Ability to lead by influence
- Ability to hold others accountable
This position is Hybrid - Remote and will require commuting to a
designated office. Hybrid work schedules are determined by the
hiring manager based on business need.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,national
origin, veteran status,disability, genetic information, or other
Keywords: Oceaneering International, Houston , Commercial Pricing Manager, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!