DE GTM Acquisition Manager
Company: NRG Energy
Posted on: November 20, 2023
As an NRG employee, we encourage you to think creatively and
proactively about your career choices. Our work environment is
dynamic and the career opportunities across our businesses offer
variety and challenge. Providing career growth to our own employees
is critical to our ongoing success--take charge of your career
goals and empower your future! Job Summary: The position will
manage and carry out a diverse range of assignments, projects, and
activities to enable successful customer acquisition for the Direct
Energy brand.Direct Energy markets and sells electricity and
natural gas to residential and small business customers throughout
deregulated energy markets in the U.S. Primary responsibilities of
this position include overall customer acquisition strategy and
performance for Eastern U.S. deregulated power and gas markets,
delivering on company customer and financial goals. Acquisition
strategy includes the areas of product, pricing/margin, channels,
customer experience, and supporting partnerships. Position works
cross-functionally with other key departments to execute
acquisition strategies including Sales, Marketing, Operations,
Product Development, Legal/Regulatory, Analytics, Finance, and IT.
- Drives and develops acquisition strategies based on consumer &
market insights and business/brand growth objectives.
- Leads the development of segment analytics and market insights
to guide market and segment plan development.
- Develops channel-specific segmentation, targeting, and margin
strategies for acquisition marketing efforts.
- Leads the performance and understanding of customer segments
through analytics, sales performance tracking, management
reporting, and decision support.
- Sponsors and leads deployment of key acquisition strategies
working with other functions including Sales, Marketing,
Operations, Product Development, Legal/Regulatory, Analytics,
Finance, and IT.
- Monitor competitive intelligence to better understand the
competitive landscape and market dynamics, and develop actionable
insights that can be turned into practical solutions.
- Drives overall cross-serve / up-serve product, channel &
- Manages targets and ongoing performance against key metrics
including customer count, market share, unit margins,
cost-to-acquire, products per customer, and consideration.
- Defines the brand's acquisition customer lifecycle journey
including customer communication strategy, and leads
cross-functional programs to bring the journey to life.
- Supports the financial forecasting process by preparing key
inputs and working with Financial Planning/Accounting to develop
monthly forecast updates.
- Develop, prepare, and present management performance reporting
for key weekly/monthly performance discussions.
- Working understanding of key systems involved in sales and
customer support processes.
- Develops documents or presentations on key projects, processes,
and issues as appropriate to keep management informed and drive
- Lead/Support integration of strategies, channels, and customers
associated with Mergers/Acquisitions as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Working Conditions:
- Open office environment.
- Some overtime required as special projects arise.
- Minimal Travel required.
- Hybrid office schedule - 3 days in office, 2 days remote.
- 3-5 years work experience in deregulated energy markets.
- Working knowledge of deregulated power and gas markets in
eastern U.S. states.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Business Analysis, finance, marketing, or strategy experience
preferred. Preferred Qualifications:
- 6+ years work experience in deregulated energy markets.
- Deep functional knowledge of deregulated power and gas markets
in eastern U.S. states including Ohio, Pennsylvania, Illinois,
Maryland, Michigan, New York, New Jersey, New Hampshire.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong computer and analytical skills, including proficiency in
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Thorough understanding and ability to apply marketing and
- High integrity, energy, enthusiasm and tenacity.
- Proven commitment to delivering projects on-time.
- Effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences in both
written and oral form.
- Advanced project and people management skills. Physical
- Occasionally requires lifting as appropriate to perform duties
and responsibilities. NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol
free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable
collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic
random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion
drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Level, Title
and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience
or skills. Official description on file with Talent.
Keywords: NRG Energy, Houston , DE GTM Acquisition Manager, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!