Child Nutrition Manager
Company: KIPP Texas
Posted on: April 19, 2019
JOB TITLE: - -Child Nutrition Manager - Houston -ABOUT KIPP TEXAS
PUBLIC SCHOOLS -For more than 15 years, KIPP Austin, KIPP
Dallas-Fort Worth, KIPP Houston, and KIPP San Antonio have put
thousands of KIPPsters on the path to and through college. Last
year, we collectively educated over 25,000 students in more than 50
schools, covering a geographic area of over 400 miles. Our regions
have a long history of informal collaboration, with teachers and
staff members sharing ideas, curricula, professional development,
facilities, finances, end-of-year field trips, and more. As of the
2018-2019 school year, all KIPP schools in Texas join forces as
KIPP Texas Public Schools, a state-wide network of schools
dedicated to supporting students to and through college! -The
Opportunity -KIPP Texas is seeking an experienced Child Nutrition
Manager to oversee the Child Nutrition program operations in our
Houston schools. The Child Nutrition Regional Manager reports to
the KIPP Texas Child Nutrition Director. This position oversees the
work of the Child Nutrition team in Houston and actively
collaborates on and supports our state-wide initiatives. The Child
Nutrition Regional Manager is responsible for maintaining full
compliance with all State and Federal regulations, managing a
healthy FSMC relationship, handling the regional budget,
maintaining accurate Child Nutrition data and records while
upholding the highest professional customer service standards. -The
role is an ideal opportunity for a highly motivated, collaborative,
results-driven and service minded leader with a passion for
fighting to close the achievement gap in Texas. - - -Key
- Collaborate with the Child Nutrition Director, the Child
Nutrition Regional Managers in Austin, Dallas and San Antonio and
others to provide input and strategic thinking for the structure,
direction, and vision of the Child Nutrition program.
- Develop and mentor the Child Nutrition key personnel to support
them to implement the Child Nutrition vision and operate with
excellence every day.
- Through impact and influence, work closely with School Leaders
and school-based operations leaders to maximize the potential of
our Child Nutrition program.
- Establish and collaborate with direct reports to establish
department goals and objectives which align to the KIPP Texas Child
Nutrition Mission and operational goals.
- Manage annual personnel performance review process.
-Operations oversight and performance
- Ensure the day-to-day operations of serving breakfast, lunch
and supper across Houston are executed reliably and with a high
level of service.
- Schedule and conduct site visits to facilitate communications
and to inspect quality of services.
- Implement operational process improvements and policies which
support compliance, standardize and drive efficiencies, and improve
the quality of food we serve and our service to both to internal
clients and our children and families. - -
- Provide direct reports with leadership training, professional
development opportunities, sharing of best practices, team
building, standard policies, procedures, and best
- Monitor department KPIs and accountability systems to drive
performance and measure success for program goals.
- Support in introducing and training staff on new technologies
which improve service, lowers costs, and drives
- Ensures operations procedures for food production and service
are efficient and effective.
-Financial performance and oversight
- Oversee the Houston Child Nutrition budget.
- Track performance against budget on a monthly basis, and KPIs
against targets weekly.
- Maintain strong vendor relationships and manage contract and
- Ensures all invoicing from FSMC are accurate and sent in a
- Audits all counting and claiming activities for Houston's Child
- Submits Federal reimbursement information for Houston in a
-Skills and Qualifications -Experience and Background
- 3+ years of professional work experience in a senior food and
hospitality-related role leadership role.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. -
- Experience in school-based Child Nutrition a strong
- Experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and fast-growing
organization a strong plus
- Must have demonstrated experience in leading, motivating,
growing, and developing high performing teams which deliver
- Experience using data to problem solve
- Must be able to adopt new technology quickly and be very
proficient with Microsoft and other productivity tools (BlueJeans,
Slack, Google Drive)
-Personal Values and Leadership Style -
- Unquestioned integrity, passion, and commitment to KIPP Texas's
mission, the families we serve, and the work
- Unquestioned belief that all children will learn and that
education is for all
- Must be a team player, working both collaboratively and
- Must be highly organized and resourceful
- Must be able to drive results with a sense of urgency
- Must be solutions oriented with a growth mindset
- Must be able to make decisions with imperfect
- Must be a strong planner with the ability to be flexible when
plans need to pivot and change
- Must have a sense of humor and genuinely show appreciation
- -Compensation and BenefitsSalary is based on years of experience,
degree of education, and level of expertise. A competitive benefits
package is also offered. -ABOUT KIPPKIPP is a non-profit network of
200 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating
elementary, middle, and high school students. We believe that all
students will learn and achieve at high levels if given the
opportunity. Our mission is to help students develop the knowledge,
skills, and character strengths they need to seize those
opportunities. Great education transforms lives. - -KIPP provides
equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.As an
equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race,
religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual
orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Keywords: KIPP Texas, Houston , Child Nutrition Manager, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!