Environmental Services Department Manager
Company: Healthcare Services Group, Inc.
Location: Lake Jackson
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Environmental Services Department ManagerUS-TX-LAKE
JACKSONRequisition ID: 2Shift: Day Shifts & Night
Healthcare Services Group (HCSG) typically services long term care
and nursing facilities and is now hiring an Environmental Services
Account Manager in your area! HCSG has a custom, state of the art
- Manages and supervises the Environmental Services, laundry and
floor care staff at a single site according to policies and
procedures, and federal/state requirements.
- Provides leadership, support, coordination and guidance to
ensure that quality standards, inventory levels, safety guidelines
and customer service expectations are met.
- The Manager is also responsible for coordinating and insuring
the satisfactory and timely completion of project and program work
done in the building on varying shifts.
- Maintains records of income and expenditures, supplies,
personnel and equipment.
- Secure and assure that all equipment is maintained and in
- Makes sure facility has sufficient janitorial supplies.
- Takes periodic inventories of supplies and materials, trains
new employees, and recommends dismissals.
- Acts as liaison between building occupants or administrators
and HCSG staff.
- The Manager must be able to communicate effectively all
directives from managers, building occupants and administrators to
- Is able to perform the job assignments of the light
housekeeper, heavy housekeeper, laundry worker and personal
- Training, quality control and in-servicing staff is an
essential part of the Manager's responsibility and includes touring
building several times per day to assess work quality using QCIs
for documentation purposes.
- The Manager is a department head in the facility and must
conduct themselves and their department in a professional
- The Manager consistently embodies the characteristics necessary
to drive the Company's Purpose, Vision, Values, and DNA.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Two years' experience in Environmental Services in a healthcare
environment and personnel supervision is desired.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Must be able to fully understand and complete all
- Must be able to be at work on time.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to understand and place into action basic infection
- The ability to handle and mix chemicals safely and
- Ability to work all shifts as needed.
- Knowledge of Environmental Services, laundry and floor care
- Knowledge of and ability to use all department equipment.
- Ability to maintain records and complete reports as
- Written and oral communication and teaching skills.
- Skill in using public relations techniques (diffusing
situations) to promote the Environmental Services, laundry and
floor care program to client and residents.
- Ability to interact positively with residents, client and other
personnel and the public.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a
maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended
periods of time.
- Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
- Must live in service area. No relocation costs.
Healthcare Services Group, Inc. provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Healthcare Services Group, Inc. complies with applicable state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities.
Keywords: Healthcare Services Group, Inc., Houston , Environmental Services Department Manager, Executive , Lake Jackson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!