Regional Sales Manager, Gulf Coast
Company: SPX Flow
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, SPX FLOW, Inc. (NYSE: FLOW)
innovates with customers to help feed and enhance the world by
designing, delivering and servicing high value solutions at the
heart of growing and sustaining our diverse communities. The
company's product offering is concentrated in rotating, actuating
and hydraulic technologies, as well as automated process systems,
into food and beverage, industrial and power and energy markets.
SPX FLOW has approximately $2 billion in annual revenues with
operations in more than 30 countries and sales in more than 150
Responsible for the development, implementation and execution of
strategies and tactics in support of the sale of company products
and services, via manufactures representatives, to select Key &
Target accounts. The position will require extensive involvement in
the completion of all critical tasks related to the sales process
including opportunity creation / identification, lead
qualification, product selection, proposal generation & follow-up,
and the ultimate capture of new business.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Travel to select customers and prospects to develop personal
relationships with key contacts, explore opportunities, and solicit
inquiries and / or orders. Develop a working knowledge of the
customers' process, organization and overall business to gain a
competitive selling advantage for the company.
* Develop and maintain a working relationship with manufactures
representatives to maximize the interaction and exchange of
information, and aid in the effective execution of business
transactions between companies.
* Prepare and present technical sales presentations to customer
decision makers to promote company product offering and / or
confirm that proposed product(s) complies with the customer
requirements / specifications.
* Submit trip reports which convey the trip purpose, key
discussions points, opportunities and actions required to satisfy a
customer need or capitalize on a business opportunity. Submit
weekly reports, as required, which conveys noteworthy information
collected during the week involving markets, customers,
competitors, Reps or any other industry information that may have a
direct or indirect impact on the company or business. Prepare
reports for all business transactions and submits expense reports
for all travel expenses accounts.
* Investigate and coordinate the resolution of customer problems
related to product, delivery or service.
* Analyze and interpret customer inquiries/specifications and
develop a corresponding proposal. Interface with customer and
conduct on-site meetings as necessary to finalize product design
and/or resolve commercial issues, in order to obtain a customer
* Review specifications, drawings and other customer documents to
develop and prepare cost estimates and technical proposals.
Collaborate with engineering and/or a third party supplier
involving modified product designs to ensure the proposed product
meets the customer requirements and affords ease of
* Perform basic project management responsibilities, as necessary,
to ensure an orderly progression of the project throughout the
engineering, manufacturing and delivery phases.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* BS in Engineering or related field required
* 5-7 years experience required; Filtration industry experience
* Prior experience working with customers in a technical sales role
* Experience with large OEM and corporate accounts is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Must possess strong financial analysis and general accounting
skills and have the ability to:
* Read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical
journals, financial reports, and legal documents
* Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers
* Effectively present information to top management and
* Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest,
commissions, gross margin, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume
* Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
* Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete
variables in situations where only limited standardization
* Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to
stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use
hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, and distance vision.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified.
SPX FLOW VALUES
Employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company
* Think all customer, all the time.
* Embrace teamwork with no borders.
* Be obsessed with being the best.
* Own your actions.
* Ask the hard question.
* Do the right thing, always!
* Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX's business, and every
employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any
nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system.
All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such
nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and
SPX Flow is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment
decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
reason prohibited by law.
Keywords: SPX Flow, Houston , Regional Sales Manager, Gulf Coast, Executive , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!