Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Surgical(Med Surg)
Company: HCA Houston Healthcare Pearland
Posted on: December 5, 2019
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee?
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and
inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what
it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs
encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a
Med surg Registered Nurse (RN) to join our family. Come be a part
of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
Pearland Medical Center - Pearland, Texas
Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical Unit
As a vital member of the HCA Healthcare System, Pearland Medical
Center 33 bed acute care hospital shares the strength of more than
165 hospitals across the United States and England, including The
Woman's Hospital of Texas and Clear Lake Regional Medical
Pearland Medical Center specialties:
- Our Women's Diagnostic Imaging Center offers the most
comprehensive care in the Pearland area, using the very latest in
imaging. Our 3D mammography is the first of its kind in the area.
It offers the most accurate imaging of any technology ever
developed to detect breast cancer early.
- Pearland Medical Center's Cardiovascular Services will feature
a cross-functional team of cardiologists, including the first
stenting services offered in Pearland.
- Our Imaging Center will offer everything from X-rays to CT
scans and more. Plus, we have experienced radiologists to analyze
every detail, ensuring you have the absolute most accurate
- Our Outpatient Services have everything you need in one place:
imaging, diagnosis and treatment.
- Surgery in Pearland from world-class surgeons? Of course.
General surgery, spine, GYN, urology and much, much more. Earning
the title to Pearland Medical Center focuses on the needs of women,
men and their families. With The Woman's Hospital of Texas at
Pearland Medical Center staff and our Women's Diagnostic Imaging
Center, you'll find the most advanced care in OB/GYN, reproductive
issues and breast health. We offer a Level II NICU for premature
infants, and we are partners with the Level III NICU at The Woman's
Hospital of Texas in case of extreme needs.
Pearland Medical Center is currently accepting applications for
Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical Unit.
- Communication Skills: Verbal (with patients, families, grieving
persons)[Use of SBAR when dealing with physicians and their
offices, interdepartmental communication] Written (documentation of
patient care) Telephone (Pertaining to etiquette including HIPAA
- Physical Assessment of the Adult with acute and chronic
illness, Infection Control Issue/Safety.
- Proficiency in IV starts & ability to access implanted
- Administration of Medications - knowledge of commonly utilized
medications/proficiency with IV push medications, initiation and
management of PCA infusion.
- Aseptic Technique with regard to wounds, surgical sites, and
- Management of airways - oxygen set-up (nasal cannula,
ventimask, NRB, trach collar, BIPAP, Suctioning (oral, Nasal and
tracheal), and tracheotomy care.
- Management of the patient in cardiac and respiratory
- Management of the patient with decubitus: staging, selection of
surface, and encourages mobility.
- Management of drains (NG, OG, and PEG, chest tube,
- Obtains consents (surgical, chemotherapy etc), prepares
patients for procedures (including boarding pass, etc) such as
Endoscopy, Cardiac Catheterizations, Bronchoscopy, Thoracentesis
(Especially at bedside), MRI/MRA.
- Management of blood transfusions - obtains consents, blood
justifications forms and refusal for blood transfusions. Monitors
for transfusion reactions.
- Management of the Peritoneal dialysis patient.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
- Current RN licensure issued by the Texas Board of Nurse
- Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association
- Minimum of 1 year current/recent Med/Surg experience required.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies
for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500
list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.
Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.
We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified
you will hear from one of our recruiters . We are actively
interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
Keywords: HCA Houston Healthcare Pearland, Houston , Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Surgical(Med Surg), Healthcare , Pearland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!