Executive/Senior Medical Science Liaison - Hem/Oncology
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Executive/Senior Medical Science Liaison -
Hem/OncologyUS-TX-HoustonJob ID: 2019-1554# of Openings: 1Category:
Medical Science LiaisonBESTMSLsOverviewThe primary responsibility
of a Medical Science Liaison (MSL)/ Senior MSL/Executive MSL is the
exchange of medical information with health care professionals
(HCPs) involved with the management of iron deficiency anemia
(IDA). Our MSLs conduct a non-promotional role in nature, and they
are key members of the Medical Affairs Team. The MSL works to shape
the IDA care through client's medicines, research and customer
services excellence. This role is available as an MSL, Senior MSL
or Executive MSL. The title for this role will reflect the
seniority and professional experience of the
employee.ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities:The MSL is expected
- Provide high quality scientific information to healthcare
- Respond to unsolicited medical information requests in the
- Initiate and maintain strong relationships with Key Opinion
- Develop/maintain medical expertise and a strong understanding
of clinical practice in iron deficiency anemia (IDA). Assist with
the gathering of field insights regarding product characteristics
and therapeutic area development.
- Use national and regional medical plans to develop and align
the tactical plan for own geography of responsibility.
- In collaboration with Medical Directors, support data
generation through HCP-initiated projects. Develop plans and
tactics for implementation and completion of clinical trials,
studies and other investigations.
- Support implementation of local best-practice protocols for the
treatment of IDA.
- Support educational meetings focused on IDA management by
interaction with HCP speakers to provide briefings around
compliance, product information, clinical and scientific data, and
support development of presentations.
- Represent the assigned products and overall therapeutic areas
to the highest ethical and professional standards and in accordance
with the relevant guidelines.
- Fulfil Pharmacovigilance responsibilities as defined in the
pharmacovigilance SOPs related to medical enquiries and drug safety
information, and proactively collect information on the safety
profile of client products.QualificationsEducation & Professional
- Advanced degree in life sciences (MD, PharmD or PhD).
- 4+ years of related work experience (academic, research,
clinician, consulting or industry experience); ideally, 2+ years of
- Ideally, previous experience of working within
- Knowledge of the PhRMA, OIG and other relevant guidelines.
- Good understanding of the clinical development process and the
- Leadership - ethical, ambitious, focused, organised
- Customer-oriented - analyse and meet/exceed customers'
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Drive - "prompt call-to-action"
- Responsible - timely and explicit feed-back to customers on
- Transparency - flat decision structure and communication
- Accountability - Independent decision-making (impartiality,
competence and ethics)
- Ability to act locally, also in accordance with main
prioritisations of the companyAttitude and Behaviour:
- Proud client ambassador
- Strong personal leadership
- Inspire cross-functional transparency and collaboration
- Customer-centric 'can-do' attitude and goal focused
- Ambitious, independent, analytical, collaborative, loyal,
organisedFlexibility:All roles at Client can evolve their duties
and responsibilities over time, Reasonable flexibility is,
therefore, a key part of any job at client. Significant variations
in duties and responsibilities should be discussed between the
post-holder and manager as they occur.Additional information
- Field-based role - must be located within the pre-specified
- Travelling - approximately 80% of the time.
- Overnight stays - depending on location, on average 1-2 nights
per week. PI118030050
Keywords: BESTMSLs, Houston , Executive/Senior Medical Science Liaison - Hem/Oncology, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!