Executive/Senior Medical Science Liaison - Hem/Oncology
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Executive/Senior Medical Science Liaison -
Hem/OncologyUS-TX-HoustonJob ID: 2020-1601# of Openings: 1Category:
Medical Science LiaisonBESTMSLsOverviewThe primary responsibility
of a Medical Science Liaison (MSL)/ Senior MSL/ Executive MSL is
the exchange of medical information with health care professionals
(HCPs) involved with the management of iron deficiency anemia
(IDA). The role of an MSL is non-promotional in nature, and MSLs
are key members of the Medical Affairs Team. The MSL works to shape
the IDA care through Client's medicines, research and customer
services excellence. This role is available as an MSL, Senior MSL
or Executive MSL. The title for this role will reflect the
seniority and professional experience of the
employee.ResponsibilitiesThe MSL/ Snr MSL is expected to:
- Provide high quality scientific information to healthcare
- Respond to unsolicited medical information requests in the
- Initiate and maintain relationships with Key Opinion Leaders
- Develop and execute territory medical plan. Use national and
regional medical plans to develop and align the tactical plan for
own geography of responsibility.
- Develop/maintain medical expertise and a strong understanding
of clinical practice in iron deficiency anemia (IDA).
- In collaboration with Medical Directors, support data
generation through Investigator-initiated studies and HCP-initiated
- Collaborate with HCPs on medical affairs initiatives including
publications, advisory boards, medical education opportunities,
training and speaker development.
- Develop plans and tactics for implementation and completion of
clinical trials, studies and other investigations.
- Represent The Client at local, regional, and national
- Support educational meetings focused on IDA management by
interaction with HCP speakers to provide briefings around
compliance, product information, clinical and scientific data, and
support development of presentations.
- Represent the assigned products and overall therapeutic areas
to the highest ethical and professional standards and in accordance
with the relevant guidelines.
- Fulfil Pharmacovigilance responsibilities as defined in the
pharmacovigilance SOPs related to medical enquiries and drug safety
information.QualificationsEducation & Professional
Background:Advanced degree in life sciences (MD, PharmD or PhD).4+
years of related work experience (academic, research, clinician,
consulting or industry experience); ideally, 2+ years of MSL
experience.Previous experience of working within
Hematology/Oncology preferred. Knowledge of the PhRMA, OIG and
other relevant guidelines.Good understanding of the clinical
development process and the ICH-GCP guidelines.Competencies:
- Leadership - ethical, ambitious, focused, organized
- Customer-oriented - analyze and meet/exceed customers'
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Responsible - timely and explicit feed-back to customers on
- Transparency - flat decision structure and communication
- Accountability - Independent decision-making (impartiality,
competence and ethics)
- Ability to act locally, also in accordance with main priorities
of the companyAttitude and Behaviour:
- Proud Client ambassador
- Strong personal leadership
- Inspire cross-functional transparency and collaboration
- Customer-centric 'can-do' attitude and goal focused
- Ambitious, independent, analytical, collaborative, loyal,
organisedFlexibility:Our roles can evolve over time. Reasonable
flexibility is, therefore, a key part of any job at Client.
Significant variations in duties and responsibilities should be
discussed between the employee and manager. Additional information
- Field-based role - must be located within the pre-specified
- Travelling - ability to travel up to 60-80% (based on the size
of respective geography).
- Overnight stays - depending on location, on average 1-2 nights
per week (inc. some weekends). PI119316372
Keywords: BESTMSLs, Houston , Executive/Senior Medical Science Liaison - Hem/Oncology, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!