Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Room
Company: HCA Houston Healthcare West
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's
largest provider of healthcare services as a Registered Nurse in
the Emergency Room.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We
would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare West Houston, TXRegistered Nurse (RN) -
HCA Houston Healthcare West is a full-service hospital with 266
license beds that provides a range of health services. It is
recognized as a Certified Primary Stroke Center by the Joint
Commission and, under an affiliation agreement with The Woman s
Hospital of Texas, brings to its community The Woman s Hospital of
Texas at West Houston, a three-story cardiac and critical care
tower. The Sugar Land Cancer Center and the Sugar Land Diagnostic
Center, departments with HCA Houston Healthcare West, are located
on the Southwest Freeway at the Williams Trace and Sugar Lakes
What you will do in this role:
- Monitors and maintains high standards regarding patient care
and oversees compliance with core measures on applicable
- Facilitates communication with patients, physicians, guests,
and co-workers as appropriate to position.
- Protects confidentiality of patients/coworkers, respecting
their dignity, privacy, and differences.
- Consistently demonstrates behavior which reflects that working
as a team is more important than self-interest.
- Demonstrates interpersonal competencies such as
problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict management to improve
- Consistently provides outstanding service to all patients,
physicians, fellow employees, and guests as appropriate to
- Displays initiative to see processes through to completion and
offers assistance without being asked.
- Consistently responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all required diagnostic and therapeutic
interventions are completed in a timely manner and documented.
- Formulates a plan of care for each patient based on nursing
diagnoses/patient problems derived from patient assessments.
- Delegates nursing care activities to members of the nursing
team based on patient care needs and competencies of available
- Actively participates in department committees and group
meetings with a focus on providing input to improve the quality of
services. Qualifications What qualifications you will need:
- Associates Degree in Nursing required, BSN preferred.
- Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of
- Previous experience in emergency nursing preferred with at
least one year of experience on a Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Certification in Emergency Nursing (CEN) preferred.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric
Advanced Life Support (PALS) Course and Certification
- Current Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)
- Current National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification
(NIH) Stroke Scale
- NIMs 100 and 700 training required or must obtain within 90
days of employment HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune s list of Most
Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on
the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of
the World s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our
tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.
We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified
you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively
interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status. Notice Our Company s
recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your
career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During
the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking here .For questions about your job
application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at
1-844-###-#### option 1. Associated topics: asn, care unit, ccu,
coronary, infusion, intensive care, mhb, registed, surgical,
Keywords: HCA Houston Healthcare West, Houston , Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Room, Healthcare , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!