Pharmacy Technologist - Clear Lake Campus Pharmacy (NIGHTS) - 72823
Company: The University of Texas Medical Branch
Posted on: October 18, 2020
High school or equivalent and no experience required. Registered
with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy (TSBP) as a Pharmacy
Technician and have taken and passed a pharmacy technician
certification examination approved by TSBP and have a current
Pharmacy Technologist assists Pharmacists in providing drug
distribution, technical services and clinical services associated
with the preparation, storage and dispensing of
From $32,160 to $40,200 annually, Commensurate with experience
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED DUTIES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Prepares unit-dose medications specific to patient needs
including patient s weight, allergies, and age (pediatric, neonate,
adolescent, adult, and geriatric).Retrieves and delivers inpatient
medication orders and supplies.
* Prepares sterile products utilizing aseptic technique and USP 797
standards (to include the preparation, handling and disposal of
* Demonstrates the ability to operate automated technology
including compounding, repackaging, cartfill and Automated Drug
* Compounds bulk and extemporaneous pharmaceuticals specific to
patients needs including weight and age (pediatric, neonate,
adolescent, adult, and geriatric).
* Communicates effectively with other pharmacy employees,
healthcare professionals, and patients while appropriately
recognizing age (pediatric, neonate, adolescent, adult, and
* Maintains adequate drug inventories in pharmacy areas and patient
care areas and notifies the appropriate personnel when shortages
and/or outages noted.
* Performs quality assurance/improvement audits
* Maintains a neat clean and organized work area.
* Demonstrates flexibility in staffing assignments.
* Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
* Assists pharmacists in filling ambulatory prescriptions specific
to patient needs including patient s weight, allergies, and age
(pediatric, neonate, adolescent, adult, and geriatric).
* Assists in record keeping activities in any assigned area.
MARGINAL OR PERIODIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs related duties as required.
This position works starting Tuesday nights for a 10-hour shift
from 9:00pm to 7:30am for 8 days and then you get 6 days off.
ACPE approved IV (sterile products) certification.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/LOCATION OF POSITION:
* Standard hospital pharmacy environment.
* Working with the public.
* Work with chemotherapy and other bio-hazardous agents
* Working weekends and shift rotation.
* May be required to work overtime and extended shifts during
Must pass UTMB and TDCJ security clearance
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without
regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal
Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and
advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with
Req id: 72823
Keywords: The University of Texas Medical Branch, Houston , Pharmacy Technologist - Clear Lake Campus Pharmacy (NIGHTS) - 72823, Healthcare , Webster, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!