Registered Nurse (RN) PRN CV IMU
Company: HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's
largest provider of healthcare services as a Registered Nurse in
the CV IMU! We offer you an excellent total compensation package,
including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment program. We would love to talk to you about
this fantastic opportunity. HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake --
Webster, TX Registered Nurse (RN) PRN -- Cardiovascular
Intermediate Care Unit (CV IMU) HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake
is a 490-bed acute care facility offering inpatient and outpatient
medical, surgical and specialty services. The campus includes Level
II trauma capabilities, a Neuroscience Institute, The Heart &
Vascular Hospital, a bariatrics program, the Breast Diagnostic
Center, a wound care center, a level III Neonatal ICU, and the
area-'s only pediatric emergency department and pediatric ICU. What
you will do in this role:
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and
evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for
Cardiovascular Intermediate Care Unit and managing all assigned
personnel, supplies, and equipment.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess and improve
the quality of patient care.
- Responds to Code Blue and implements life-saving measures, per
- Interprets EKG rhythm strips, on all telemetry patients.
- Monitors special drugs (i.e., Dopamine, Lidocaine, Dobutrex,
and Cardizem) and other cardiac drugs, as per protocol. Assesses
patients in an ongoing manner, per protocol.
- Assists physician with procedures, as needed (i.e.,
thoracentesis, chest tube insertion, and venous access devices).
Assumes the responsibility of charging the unit, as needed.
- Responsible for assessment of patient with telemetry monitoring
and/or continuous pulse oximeter.
- Responsible for maintaining customer friendly atmosphere. Draws
blood from venous lines.
- Models and reinforces behavior consistent with goals for
teaching the patient, communicates patient status to appropriate
member of the healthcare team, and provides support to the family,
- Scanning supplies from P.O.U. area. Responsible for ensuring
Through-Put Plan is enforced and followed.
- Responsible for scanning patient armbands and administering
medications via E-MAR.
- Responsible for entering orders via Order Management in
- Responsible for ensuring core measure patients are identified
and protocols followed.
- Responsible for maintaining patient safety goals Qualifications
What qualifications you will need:
- B.S. Nursing preferred.
- Previous RN experience preferred.
- Current Texas or compact state licensure with State Board of
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification
- NIHSS certification within 6 months of hire, unless currently
certified then needs to be maintained.
- 5 hours of acute stroke education annually.HCA Healthcare ranks
on Fortune-'s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive
years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition
Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World-'s Most Ethical Companies.
We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We-'d
love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.
We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified
you will hear from the Talent Acquisition team.
We are actively interviewing so apply today! We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.Notice Our Company-'s recruiters are
here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we
take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking . For questions about your job application
or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake, Houston , Registered Nurse (RN) PRN CV IMU, Healthcare , Webster, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!